Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ID These Favias/Chalices for Me?

Snow_Phoenix

Hey guys. Need some quick help. I purchased 4 frags of favias/chalices, but I don't know which one is a favia, and which one is a chalice. 

I'm pretty sure I've IDed one to be a favia though, but I'm completely lost on the other three. Please help?

1. This was the favia which I'm sure *IS a favia (red and green):

But what about these guys?

2. Chalice...? (It looked like one to me which was why I originally labeled it as such, but now I'm having doubts - it's blue and green btw): 

3. Favia or Chalice? (Green with orange 'eyes')

4. Favia or chalice? (Orange and pink)

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance! 

-Snow 

4 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

First looks like a favia

2nd kinda looks like an acan enchinata

The last 2 look like chalice

Can you get top down pics?

Hi Clown, thanks for the response. I'll try to grab more snapshots later. Thanks for the ID though. 

2 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Hi Clown, thanks for the response. I'll try to grab more snapshots later. Thanks for the ID though. 

You're welcome.

Seeing the mouths and formation of the mouths will be easier for more accurate id

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Clown79 said:

You're welcome.

Seeing the mouths and formation of the mouths will be easier for more accurate id

Hi Clown, I have some better pics (topshot views as requested earlier). Hope this helps with the ID:

Sorry over how blue everything is. I tried to use the Insta filters to adjust the colors and balance it, but this was the best I could manage. I couldn't get a clear shot of the coral in #3 no matter how much I tried. I glued it to my LR in such a position that it's almost at the bottom of the tank, and I couldn't zoom in on it very much without losing total clarity. Hope you can still confirm the IDs for me though.

I glued the frags with plenty of space from each other because I was told by my LFS that chalices can get pretty aggressive. Not sure if Favias are the same way. But I gave them room to encrust and grow. 

2 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

Favia, chalice, chalice, chalice/ what clown said on the blue green one haha

Lol ok. Any chance they have special names, or am I stuck calling them 'the favia' and 'the chalices'? 😁

7 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

Christmas favia, cherry garcia chalice, mummy eye chalice?

7 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Definitely favia, chalice the rest. Exactly what Granite said😁

Thank you both!

I did a bit more digging and the mummy eye I have is apparently an emerald mummy eye because the green is darker than a regular mummy eye. As for the blue/green chalice, apparently it's just termed as 'blue' chalice - no unique names. The other names are spot on. 

Thanks once again, Granite & Clown! I appreciate it. 😊