Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Anyone use IceCap K-1 Nano on an AIO?

JurisReefer

If you do, just wanted to ask if you have any suggestions for keeping it a bit quieter, if yours is noisy at all. Mine is pretty loud, with a gurgling, bubbling sort of humming. I've added a rubber band below the o-ring so it'll fit a little tighter and seal a bit better. Otherwise, this thing is a work-horse. Love it, and no complaints.

• 2 months later...

I'm curious on this one as well - I just saw the Icecap 1K on Amazon and would like to put one in my Fluval 13.5 - just a little concerned that the magnet won't fully sit either Chamber 2 or 3 - as well as wondering if it is too long for the back wall - that it might hang over the return grate.

I have one and its not noisy at all, my return pump sucks tho!!! lol. 

I remember out of box it made some small noise but then the blades switched direction and it went away. 

The gyre fits perfect on the back wall, I love the flow too. 

I just tried one in mine ... even with one of the impellers off, and flow turned down to 10%, it was blowing sand off of the bottom, and scaring the hell out of the fish.   WAY too much flow for my liking!   Going to stick with the Aqamai KPS.

It did fit in there nicely - and I liked the look of it.   Need like an Icecap 250, instead of 1K!

3 minutes ago, MInanoTank said:

I just tried one in mine ... even with one of the impellers off, and flow turned down to 10%, it was blowing sand off of the bottom, and scaring the hell out of the fish.   WAY too much flow for my liking!   Going to stick with the Aqamai KPS.

It did fit in there nicely - and I liked the look of it.   Need like an Icecap 250, instead of 1K!

its very powerful, Im running a bare bottom sys so don't have sand blowing around.   

When it first started up, I could see it blowing a lot of stuff out of the rock work.  I gave it a good hour of running - tried different flow programs, etc.   The fish were literally glued to the back corner under the return nozzles, and the 3 corals I have in there all completely closed.   

My Aqamai KPS winds up to a max of 50% for wave, smooth and random phases throughout the day.  I might program one of the smooths to go up to 100% a couple of times throughout the day, just to try to mix things up / blow stuff around.