Jump to content
JasonR

Issues with Emailing Oceanbox Designs

Recommended Posts

JasonR

I was looking to buy one of their sump conversion kits and had a question about the white grate trays that are part of the kit. I tried emailing using their online form since you can't call them and every time it gave me an error. I am new to refugiums and everything I have seen does not have these trays. I see typical sumps have them, but refugium builds I have looked at don't. I know I could go without them, but I am trying to figure out what they are for. Frankly I know I can buy some plexi and cut it to fit and make my own but I like the idea of buying the kit already done specific to the tank size. It will be either a 20 gal long or 10 gal from Petco. @Oceanbox Designs

InkedIMG_3157_LI.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Oceanbox Designs
1 hour ago, JasonR said:

I was looking to buy one of their sump conversion kits and had a question about the white grate trays that are part of the kit. I tried emailing using their online form since you can't call them and every time it gave me an error. I am new to refugiums and everything I have seen does not have these trays. I see typical sumps have them, but refugium builds I have looked at don't. I know I could go without them, but I am trying to figure out what they are for. Frankly I know I can buy some plexi and cut it to fit and make my own but I like the idea of buying the kit already done specific to the tank size. It will be either a 20 gal long or 10 gal from Petco. @Oceanbox Designs

InkedIMG_3157_LI.jpg

I will look into any possible email issues, sorry I wasn't aware of any issue since we're still getting incoming emails from others. As for the media trays, they're typically used for filter floss (if you don't like running a filter sock) on the top tray, and the bottom for filter media, of course if you're running a filter sock you could use both tray for just medias.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Christopher Marks

Welcome to the community @JasonR!

 

The trays are there to place filter media of your choosing, poly filter pads, activated carbon, etc. Refugiums usually don't have these kinds of filter media in order to allow the copepods and amphipods in the refugium to move beyond the refugium and not get trapped in a filter pad.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Oceanbox Designs
19 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Welcome to the community @JasonR!

 

The trays are there to place filter media of your choosing, poly filter pads, activated carbon, etc. Refugiums usually don't have these kinds of filter media in order to allow the copepods and amphipods in the refugium to move beyond the refugium and not get trapped in a filter pad.

+1 & 1...Thank you @Christopher Marks :happydance:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
JasonR

Thank you guys. I don't think I will be using a filter sock and I can modify the location of the dividers and not use those trays for my setup. I need to look into adding a bubble trap as well possibly. Newbie to the refugium setup.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
JasonR
8 hours ago, Oceanbox Designs said:

I will look into any possible email issues, sorry I wasn't aware of any issue since we're still getting incoming emails from others. As for the media trays, they're typically used for filter floss (if you don't like running a filter sock) on the top tray, and the bottom for filter media, of course if you're running a filter sock you could use both tray for just medias.

Yeah, not sure but glad I found the forum in order to ask.  Thank you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
JasonR
11 hours ago, Oceanbox Designs said:

I will look into any possible email issues, sorry I wasn't aware of any issue since we're still getting incoming emails from others. As for the media trays, they're typically used for filter floss (if you don't like running a filter sock) on the top tray, and the bottom for filter media, of course if you're running a filter sock you could use both tray for just medias.

Tried emailing again and same error. Says failed to send and to contact administrator by another method. Luckily for this forum you are on it because I don't think your site offers another method.  Couple other questions....

 

I am looking at your sump baffle kits. I am curious what thickness the plexi is that you provide in these kits? Specifically for the 20 gallon tanks.  Also, my tank is from Petco, the aqueon. It is a 20gal long. I assume your baffle kit is designed for this tank? I see the 10 gallon tank has a couple manufacturers to select from, but the 20 gallon does not have these same options.

Share this post


Link to post
Oceanbox Designs
14 hours ago, JasonR said:

Tried emailing again and same error. Says failed to send and to contact administrator by another method. Luckily for this forum you are on it because I don't think your site offers another method.  Couple other questions....

 

I am looking at your sump baffle kits. I am curious what thickness the plexi is that you provide in these kits? Specifically for the 20 gallon tanks.  Also, my tank is from Petco, the aqueon. It is a 20gal long. I assume your baffle kit is designed for this tank? I see the 10 gallon tank has a couple manufacturers to select from, but the 20 gallon does not have these same options.

Yes they would be for Aqueon 20G long from Petco and acrylic we used are high quality cast 1/4" thick, not cheap plexiglass (btw that's a brand of extruded acrylic that you get at home depot that is extremely prone to cracking and yellowing).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
xthunt

IIRC when I had that error, it was because I only put my first name under 'your name'. Putting first and last name let the message go through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Oceanbox Designs
1 hour ago, xthunt said:

IIRC when I had that error, it was because I only put my first name under 'your name'. Putting first and last name let the message go through. 

It shouldn't matter with a first name only, my test was with only my first name but I think it may possibly been our spam filter protection. If the error box is in "orange" color, that's a spam filter in action. @JasonR Can you confirm the error box color?

Share this post


Link to post
JasonR
7 hours ago, Oceanbox Designs said:

So weird with the email, Just sent an email to my personal email from the site and it worked fine. This was on a computer, I haven't try on a phone. You could also DM me on instagram or FB: https://instagram.com/oceanboxdesigns or https://facebook.com/oceanboxdesigns

So I tried again, used just my first name. I saw the shadow of the spinning wheel under the send message button like it is trying to send and its been that way for 5 min now. I will try with first and last. I am using my AOL email, maybe that is being flagged? LOL

 

Just tried with first and last name, error popped up. Orange box around the error message. "Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method."

Share this post


Link to post
JasonR
8 hours ago, Oceanbox Designs said:

Yes they would be for Aqueon 20G long from Petco and acrylic we used are high quality cast 1/4" thick, not cheap plexiglass (btw that's a brand of extruded acrylic that you get at home depot that is extremely prone to cracking and yellowing).

Awesome. Exactly what I was hoping for. On my list to order.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...