inTank Media Baskets

Help me decide on a powerhead

Infinite0180

Came here for an opinion on flow. Im setting up a new red sea reefer nano! I own a gyre 1k in my nuvo fusion and originally planned on using it in the reefer. Im not soo sure i want to anymore. I think either an mp10 or two of those aqamai kps pumps is the better option. Help me out!

option 1 - keep the gyre (mounted vertically on side of tank) 

option 2 - 1 mp10qd (mounted on side of tank)

option 3 - 2 aqamai kps (mounted on back wall)

i want to be able to keep sps! I would love to hear people experience and with these options!

How many gallons are you planning on?

I don't know a lot about the gyre but the mp10 is definitely a favoured wave maker.

I have a kps. It's nice but its deceiving.

The flow is very gentle to the eye. Unlike most wavemaker it's not very forceful flow.

I have 1 in my 25g with a mighty jet return, I have to run mine at 75% or my euphyllia close up.

My sps are super happy with the kps running between 75-100% 

1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

How many gallons are you planning on?

I don't know a lot about the gyre but the mp10 is definitely a favoured wave maker.

I have a kps. It's nice but its deceiving.

The flow is very gentle to the eye. Unlike most wavemaker it's not very forceful flow.

I have 1 in my 25g with a mighty jet return, I have to run mine at 75% or my euphyllia close up.

My sps are super happy with the kps running between 75-100% 

You just run one kps? Im transfering my rock and livestock from a nuvo 20 into a Red Sea Reefer nano. The nano is 21 gal display with 7 gal sump. So 28 total minus water from rock displacement. I will be going bare bottom for now and the tank is an 18x18x18 cube. I think im going to just get the vortech but part of me really thinks having two pumps is better than one. I just dont want to regret anyrhing this time around. Im already redoing everything because i skimped out the first time...