ReefCleaners.org

The reboot .... dueling tanks (got a box of rocks)

Tmr8188

On 1/12/2019 at 7:56 AM, WV Reefer said:

Nice branches! 🙂

Thank you!  It’s the real reef rock stuff.  Pretty expensive but very nice.  I managed to get some discounted because they were broken.  A little bit of purple epoxy and they look pretty good.

A little bit about the build:

I moved in September and couldn’t take my 2 tanks with me.  They have been at my parents house where they have been overrun with aiptasia and algae and my poor mother has been doing what she could.  The ato on the lagoon went out and she’s been doing her best.  I am ready to take them back and give them the tcl that they deserve.

The Lagoon will be rebooted and all rock tossed.  I need to rehome a candy hogfish that has gotten much too big.  My 2 clowns and flame hawk will be staying with me.

The other tank is an 18.1 aqua maxx rimless freshwater planted.  All fish will be rehomed.  I will be reusing the Kessil Tuna sun and pairing it with a Fluval Aquaclear (this build requires very little flow).  I need to build some type of rock structure that will stay on the glass because the sand bed needs to be clear. Inhabitants will be some Upside Down Jellies!  Hopefully I can get some macro algae to grow in there as well.

I need a few weekends to move everything thing over.  I am not looking forward to it.  I’m so nervous that I’m gonna chip or crack a tank and left with fish in a bucket.

• Like 1