Jump to content
Reefkid88

Drs. F&S site shutdown

Recommended Posts

Anyone read about this ?! I guess they have 3-4 months left and the site is getting shutdown and about 280 people are being let go.. Such a sad thing.. 

Share this post


Link to post

I guess I missed that,but hopefully they have another fire sale to clear inventory. 

Share this post


Link to post

Rhinelander isn't that large of a city.  It will have a big impact. :sad:

 

I wonder if Amazon would be able to utilize that facility and the local work force. :unsure:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The site is already kind of messed up- the coupon codes work on MSRP items like radion 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

 They used to be my go to site as well until they inventory went to hell and places like @Marine Depot and BRS got big. 

 

 I have been seeing a lot of people having problems with LA & DD problems which shows the horrible ethics of companies like PM..  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

I have been seeing a lot of people having problems with LA & DD problems which shows the horrible ethics of companies like PM..  

That sucks. They were one of my two go-to's for fish. I haven't really been keeping up, so glad I saw this. 

 

Sad for all those people out of a job. 😞

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

 They used to be my go to site as well until they inventory went to hell and places like @Marine Depot and BRS got big. 

 

 I have been seeing a lot of people having problems with LA & DD problems which shows the horrible ethics of companies like PM..  

 

What problems with LA & DD have you seen? Links? I haven’t seen anything to indicate that their quality has declined, and have placed probably a dozen orders in the last year. Recently you seem very quick to criticize. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

The site is already kind of messed up- the coupon codes work on MSRP items like radion 

Do you have a coupon code?

Share this post


Link to post

Like Harry, I haven't noticed any problems from either Live Aquaria, or Live Aquaria's Diver's Den even after Petco took over (probably 3 orders in that time frame).  Not like there aren't any alternatives, but Live Aquaria is still my favorite for livestock at the moment.  I also like Live Aquaria Pro Reef Salt (which is currently on sale).

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, seabass said:

Like Harry, I haven't noticed any problems from either Live Aquaria, or Live Aquaria's Diver's Den even after Petco took over (probably 3 orders in that time frame).  Not like there aren't any alternatives, but Live Aquaria is still my favorite for livestock ATM.  I also like Live Aquaria Pro Reef Salt (which is currently on sale).

 

 

Ive always had good experiences also.  

 

As an alternative, I like Blue Zoo Aquatics. They have a Collectors Choice section that is their version of “Divers Den”.  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Do you have a coupon code?

 

For 15% off yeah, 15RXJan 

 

Thats supposed to be for dog prescription, but works on MSRP fish goods lol 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

As an alternative, I like Blue Zoo Aquatics.

I'm currently contemplating a snail order from them.  Reef Cleaners, and even Live Aquaria doesn't have everything that I'm looking for.  Just not sure I want to spend $140 to get free shipping. :mellow:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, seabass said:

I'm currently contemplating a snail order from them.  Reef Cleaners, and even Live Aquaria doesn't have everything that I'm looking for.  Just not sure I want to spend $140 to get free shipping. :mellow:

 

I just ordered 50 blue leg hermits from ReefCleaners. They're local so 1 day shipping is cheap.  The 300 gallon may have an issue with high nutrients; im not sure if its maturity or what. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

I just ordered 50 blue leg hermits from ReefCleaners.

Knowing John, he'll give you more than 50.  He always treats me right.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, seabass said:

Knowing John, he'll give you more than 50.  He always treats me right.

 

In the past it's always been great, but my previous order for a CUC on the 300g (the one including hermits) didn't come with hermits-just snails. He was generous with the snails per usual, so it wasn't too big of a deal. But thats why I am ordering hermits separately.   I also LOVE reefcleaners rock so can never really complain lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, seabass said:

I'm currently contemplating a snail order from them.  Reef Cleaners, and even Live Aquaria doesn't have everything that I'm looking for.  Just not sure I want to spend $140 to get free shipping. :mellow:

How is LiveAquaria associated with DrFS? It says they are their "sister site"... not sure what that technically means? 

Share this post


Link to post

There is a couple on R2R about their fish arrive dead @HarryPotter give me a few I will try and find them. 

 

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/divers-den-shipping.481539/

 

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-first-divers-den-order.491086/

 

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/disappointed-with-dr-foster-and-smith-live-aquaria.537392/

 

 There is a few. I saw one that was terrible the other day I'm searching for. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Sparty said:

How is LiveAquaria associated with DrFS? It says they are their "sister site"... not sure what that technically means? 

 

All owned by PetCo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

How is LiveAquaria associated with DrFS? It says they are their "sister site"... not sure what that technically means?

I believe it was started and owned by the same veterinarians.  It was the aquatic livestock portion of the company (even has their own building just across the parking lot from the DFS distribution warehouse).  I took the tour (I think something like 10 years ago).  It's a neat setup.

 

Of course, Petco now owns Live Aquaria as part of the DFS buyout.  I suspect that it affects management, but they have appeared to have pretty much left them alone for now.

 

The sister site wordage has been there since before the Petco buyout.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

That is terrible, I was not able to find 30" HOT5 bulbs anywhere else. 😢

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

 

In the past it's always been great, but my previous order for a CUC on the 300g (the one including hermits) didn't come with hermits-just snails. He was generous with the snails per usual, so it wasn't too big of a deal. But thats why I am ordering hermits separately.   I also LOVE reefcleaners rock so can never really complain lol. 

I've been looking at rock for the 75...I read that you love reef cleaners rocks. You have never had a problem with it? It looks like the best deal, 125 for 50 pounds is a pretty good price.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

 I've been looking at rock for the 75...I read that you love reef cleaners rocks. You have never had a problem with it? It looks like the best deal, 125 for 50 pounds is a pretty good price.

 

Never had a single problem with it.  Just toss it in the tank and it grow coralline. Nothing leaches, and its super easy to scape as well. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions

×