ReefCleaners.org

Never seen a BTA look this neon green before?

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I’m just confused? Did I get a rare BTA, or is this natural? He’s glowing green in this lighting, and all the BTA that I have seen are either brown or a light green.

image.jpg

It’s harder to see the green in this pic, I have a bad camera, but I’m real life, its like neon green.

While I don’t doubt he’s green, that pic certainly isn’t helping determine anything.

Anytime I think I found something rare, I remember that the place I buy stuff from is running a business and the odds of something rare making it all the way from the ocean to my living room (by accident) are verrrrry slim. Not to say it doesn’t happen, but odds are you got a standard Green Bubble tip! Enjoy it! 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I bought it off of LiveAquaria, so I guess it could just be a regular green BTA. But during the day, he is brown/tan, and at night he’s a neon green? And sorry about the picture, horrible camera.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I bought it off of LiveAquaria, so I guess it could just be a regular green BTA. But during the day, he is brown/tan, and at night he’s a neon green? And sorry about the picture, horrible camera.

No need to apologize, tank pics are tough!

I’d especially say LiveAquaria is unlkekly

to let a rare variety slip through. If you can get an orange medicine bottle hold that over your camera lens and take the pic. It’ll help filter some blue out.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

1 minute ago, shaner014 said:

Looks like the mouth is open, I don’t know a ton about nems, but I think that’s a warning sign?

It just started doing that, it always does this around the same time of night like clockwork, then goes back to the way it should be in the morning. It’s really weird, and at first it stressed me out like crazy.

6 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

It just started doing that, it always does this around the same time of night like clockwork, then goes back to the way it should be in the morning. It’s really weird, and at first it stressed me out like crazy.

Ok, just thought I’d bring it up in case. Good luck to you! 

• 4 weeks later...

Green is the normal form as far as I know.   Rose/red is the only alternate I know of.  Color can be more or less concentrated depending on tank conditions and the amount of inflation on the anemone.

You can get a long tentacle anemone in an awesome purple color, FWIW.  :-)  Don't seem to see too many LT's around though, for whatever reason.  Which is too bad since LT's are a sandbed anemone....should be easier for most folks to deal with than BTA's.

• Like 1