Top Shelf Aquatics

180 gallons LA Pro Reef Salt + Free T-shirt for $50

seabass

I've been really pleased with this salt so far.  Done probably 10-12 changes with it, mixes relatively quickly and very clean.  Only issue is it comes in such huge batches most nano reefers will need to divide it into smaller baggies to preserve it. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, specore said:

Only issue is it comes in such huge batches most nano reefers will need to divide it into smaller baggies to preserve it.

It doesn't clump up like IO, which is nice.

I'd love for them to sell the 200 gallon box in four 50 gallon bags (it's all in one bag like Fritz).  Actually, I'd like for them to sell a 100 gallon box that came in three 33.3 gallon bags (which would be a lot lighter to carry around and I could mix a whole bag in my Brute can).

Anyways, it's a darn good salt for the money.  Parameters are good too.

21 hours ago, seabass said:

It doesn't clump up like IO, which is nice.

I'd love for them to sell the 200 gallon box in four 50 gallon bags (it's all in one bag like Fritz).  Actually, I'd like for them to sell a 100 gallon box that came in three 33.3 gallon bags (which would be a lot lighter to carry around and I could mix a whole bag in my Brute can).

Anyways, it's a darn good salt for the money.  Parameters are good too.

Are you storing the saltwater after it's mixed? If so, whats your storing method and length of time?

8 minutes ago, shaner014 said:

Are you storing the saltwater after it's mixed? If so, whats your storing method and length of time?

I usually just mix what I need.  I use it when it dissolves clear (which is relatively quick).

I've let it mix overnight before.  It forms a bit of brownish residue when mixing it for 24 hours.  I haven't noticed any ill effects from this (although I haven't performed tests to confirm levels when this has occurred).

• Like 1