Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

I need help identifying this

Vlad1907

Looks like a small feather duster worm. There harmless I have a ton in my tank. Non on my snails but there everywhere on my live rock. If you put something near it does it pull itself in extremely fast? If so then definitely a feather duster 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Brandonmw said:

Looks like a small feather duster worm. There harmless I have a ton in my tank. Non on my snails but there everywhere on my live rock. If you put something near it does it pull itself in extremely fast? If so then definitely a feather duster 

Yes they retract extremely fast . Good thing they are harmless.  They look really cool!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Dutchymomo said:

Hate to take over your thread, but how do I get one of those in my tank that I'm setting up

Well I got my snail from local fish store.  I assume they came with it . If you are in the area go to atlanta aquarium on pleasant hill road.  

8 minutes ago, Dutchymomo said:

Hate to take over your thread, but how do I get one of those in my tank that I'm setting up

They can come in snails as seen in the pics above. But generally all of mine have come from my live rock.

1 minute ago, Dutchymomo said:

Wow! I'm in Atlanta!!!! I'll probably check it out this weekend.

Wow that's crazy . Yea check them out.  They have a great selection.  And right off the exit 

2 minutes ago, Dutchymomo said:

The Fish Store is another good store they have a ton of healthy fish. Good to meet another reefer in Atl. 

I will definitely check them . Same here ! 

42 minutes ago, Brandonmw said:

I have some more questions about them.  Will they get off once they grow or they will continue to grow on snails.  Will they overwhelm the snail? Should I move it ? if so how to move without hurting it any of them ?

12 minutes ago, Vlad1907 said:

I have some more questions about them.  Will they get off once they grow or they will continue to grow on snails.  Will they overwhelm the snail? Should I move it ? if so how to move without hurting it any of them ?

I wouldnt try to move it off the snail, they are pretty fragile and if you do so it will most likely die. As for size from your pic that’s about as big as its really going to get for that type of feather duster. Both your snail and the duster will be fine together. And if something happens to the snail just leave the shell in that tank and the duster will be fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Brandonmw said:

I wouldnt try to move it off the snail, they are pretty fragile and if you do so it will most likely die. As for size from your pic that’s about as big as its really going to get for that type of feather duster. Both your snail and the duster will be fine together. And if something happens to the snail just leave the shell in that tank and the duster will be fine. 

Aweesoommee.  Thank you so much ! Great help!