RemoGaggi

Another Hitchhiker - Can someone identify?

I've spotted this on my live rock I got 2 days ago.  It appear to be attached to the rock (it hasn't relocated) and it extends and waves around in the water, but then tends to retract if I put a flashlight on it.  Can someone tell me if they recognize this and if it is problematic?  Thanks!

IMG_20190110_074152316.jpg

IMG_20190110_074227166.jpg

19 minutes ago, RemoGaggi said:

I've spotted this on my live rock I got 2 days ago.  It appear to be attached to the rock (it hasn't relocated) and it extends and waves around in the water, but then tends to retract if I put a flashlight on it.  Can someone tell me if they recognize this and if it is problematic?  Thanks!

IMG_20190110_074152316.jpg

IMG_20190110_074227166.jpg

Are we talking about the tube looking thing? Is it hard? Does the thing that waves around come out of the tube? Really need a better pic. 

Sorry, that's the best picture I was able to get.  It looks like the entire tube thing extends and waves around like a tentacle.  When it extends, the entire tube gets thinner.  Nothing is coming out of the tube.  I hope that helps.  THanks!

• Like 1

Just now, RemoGaggi said:

Sorry, that's the best picture I was able to get.  It looks like the entire tube thing extends and waves around like a tentacle.  When it extends, the entire tube gets thinner.  Nothing is coming out of the tube.  I hope that helps.  THanks!

Lookup peanut worm. They extend out almost like an elephant trunk with a tiny feather duster on the end. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RemoGaggi said:

WV, it does appear to be peanut worm.  Thanks for the help!

They are good guys and fun to watch when they are out.  🙂

Peanut worm? More like PENIS worm - I mean am I right folks?

And what's the deal with airline peanuts?

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions