Top Shelf Aquatics

My Percula clown and gold nugget Maroon seem to have paired up? Is that even possible?

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

So I just bought a gold nugget Maroon clown and I acclimated him to the tank. Right as I put him in, my Percula clown went crazy. He was attacking him for like 15 mins, but right when I thought that all was lost, they seem to pair up and now they never leave each other’s side. The gold nugget who is smaller, always looks like he is having seizures around the Percula, I hope that’s a good sign. Any help or tips? Is it possible for these two, to be a mated pair?

I have a gold banded maroon clown that is paired with my fancy occelaris clown. soon i will have to get rid of the maroon because of how big he is getting for a 16 gallon, but for the year i’ve had them together they are great. 

20 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

It’s just weird, all of my research that I did on clownfish, I have never seen these 2 try to pair up?

A member here had a breeding pair, offspring were called Mai Tai clowns. Sustainable Aquatics has them now, ORA has their version called Blood Orange Clownfish. They have been around and sold for many years. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
6 hours ago, Tamberav said:

A member here had a breeding pair, offspring were called Mai Tai clowns. Sustainable Aquatics has them now, ORA has their version called Blood Orange Clownfish. They have been around and sold for many years. 

Seems really cool, hoping mine might be a breeding pair someday.

NuisanceAlgaeCultivator

My false percula stays around the bicolor psuedo ALL day and night. I bet if they could figure out the breeding I’d have bicolor clowns in a week.

Chika bahwah 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Seems really cool, hoping mine might be a breeding pair someday.

Just keep an eye on them as they grow/age. Things can change... sometimes maroons kill their mates.... and other fish... and so on 😮 

• 3 weeks later...