Coral Vue Hydros

Any ideas what this is

Scorcher80

Afternoon all, I am in the process of setting up a 125l reef and am in the early stages. Having got some live rock I have discover this any ideas what it is please.

many thanks 

EBEB7F88-E199-45EE-9C66-64DB093AF477.jpeg

Just a quick heads up some newer reefers have not ever heard of palytoxin.. look it up and know the concerns/risks with it.. 

Happy reefing!!

35 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Just a quick heads up some newer reefers have not ever heard of palytoxin.. look it up and know the concerns/risks with it.. 

Happy reefing!!

I just read up on it, will make sure I use gloves next time I hand the rock 😮

thanks for the heads up. Is it safe for fish I take it that aren’t effected?

1 hour ago, Scorcher80 said:

I just read up on it, will make sure I use gloves next time I hand the rock 😮

thanks for the heads up. Is it safe for fish I take it that aren’t effected?

I haven't heard of it causing problems with livestock in the tank and I believe that it's mostly when they are cut that you have to really worry about it.  Just wanted to make sure you had an idea of what your working with so you can take the right precautions..

18 minutes ago, Weikel said:

I haven't heard of it causing problems with livestock in the tank and I believe that it's mostly when they are cut that you have to really worry about it.  Just wanted to make sure you had an idea of what your working with so you can take the right precautions..

Thank you for the heads up, 👍

2 hours ago, Scorcher80 said:

How about this 🤔

Few years ago when I had a set up the live rock had nothing on it, must have got lucky this time 

image.jpg

Looks like colonial hydroids. They can sting Corals and can come and go over the life of the tank. 

2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks like colonial hydroids. They can sting Corals and can come and go over the life of the tank. 

Is it worth trying to remove them? 

• Like 1