Nick13

New reefer and new tank need advice

About how high do i want to mount the hydra 26 above the tank to get the best results.

10 hours ago, Nick13 said:

About how high do i want to mount the hydra 26 above the tank to get the best results.

8-10" is about the average, some do higher, some a little lower.

Answers vary.

• Like 1

Thanks clown that gives me a good starting point! Also where do u guys get your filter floss from?

Well good news new tank is on the way from live aquaria and as a bonus I get to keep the old one not sure what I'm going to do with it now but i at least have a back up pump and filter socks. The rest of my equipment is on the way too so i should be able to get set up soon. Got the stand built today too let me know what you guys think.

IMG_20190112_181346.jpg

IMG_20190112_202033.jpg

IMG_20190112_202040.jpg

• Like 1

The stand looks great! I like the old wood look. Did you get recycled wood?

Thanks guys I'm no master carpenter but i thought it turned out ok, and I think it should hold the weight. Can't wait for the rest of it to show up now! On a side note anyone have any idea what to do with the other tank, I hate to just smash it up and throw it away but I don't think I'd trust it to hold water either.

3 minutes ago, Nick13 said:

Thanks guys I'm no master carpenter but i thought it turned out ok, and I think it should hold the weight. Can't wait for the rest of it to show up now! On a side note anyone have any idea what to do with the other tank, I hate to just smash it up and throw it away but I don't think I'd trust it to hold water either.

How bad is the chip? I have chips on the top of my 10g and it's been fine.

Can you take pics from other angles?

its more then just a chip it has a 1"-1.5" crack/spit right at the top. It's kind of hard to see but it's all the way through the glass.

IMG_20190108_173528.jpg

IMG_20190108_172441.jpg

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions