Nick13

New reefer and new tank need advice

About how high do i want to mount the hydra 26 above the tank to get the best results.

10 hours ago, Nick13 said:

About how high do i want to mount the hydra 26 above the tank to get the best results.

8-10" is about the average, some do higher, some a little lower.

Answers vary.

• Like 1

Thanks clown that gives me a good starting point! Also where do u guys get your filter floss from?

41 minutes ago, Nick13 said:

Thanks clown that gives me a good starting point! Also where do u guys get your filter floss from?

This is the stuff I use.

I like it because it's cheap, comes in a sheet where I can cut the floss to size.

With changing it twice a week on 3 tanks, the bag lasts.

https://www.bigalspets.com/big-al-s-filter-floss.html?sku=5347

Well good news new tank is on the way from live aquaria and as a bonus I get to keep the old one not sure what I'm going to do with it now but i at least have a back up pump and filter socks. The rest of my equipment is on the way too so i should be able to get set up soon. Got the stand built today too let me know what you guys think.

IMG_20190112_181346.jpg

IMG_20190112_202033.jpg

IMG_20190112_202040.jpg

• Like 2

The stand looks great! I like the old wood look. Did you get recycled wood?

yea it was just "barnwood" from menards like 35$ for the box

• Like 2

Thanks guys I'm no master carpenter but i thought it turned out ok, and I think it should hold the weight. Can't wait for the rest of it to show up now! On a side note anyone have any idea what to do with the other tank, I hate to just smash it up and throw it away but I don't think I'd trust it to hold water either.

3 minutes ago, Nick13 said:

Thanks guys I'm no master carpenter but i thought it turned out ok, and I think it should hold the weight. Can't wait for the rest of it to show up now! On a side note anyone have any idea what to do with the other tank, I hate to just smash it up and throw it away but I don't think I'd trust it to hold water either.

How bad is the chip? I have chips on the top of my 10g and it's been fine.

Can you take pics from other angles?

its more then just a chip it has a 1"-1.5" crack/spit right at the top. It's kind of hard to see but it's all the way through the glass.

IMG_20190108_173528.jpg

IMG_20190108_172441.jpg

new tank finally showed up! plus all the other equipment. Got everything set up and a rough aquascape let me know what you guys think. Also anyone have any good settings for the hydra 26 and does turning on lunar mode automatically kick on moon lights according to the moon phase near me? Will be getting water and a few pieces of live rock from my lfs this weekend to get the tank cycling! 

IMG_20190115_200512.jpg

IMG_20190117_182211.jpg

IMG_20190117_182220.jpg

IMG_20190117_182227.jpg

• Like 2

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now