inTank Media Baskets

New to reefing and needs help

newbie bob

I have a 40 gal breeder tank cycled and just bought a magus curve 5 skimmer. I built a sump refugium. I placed the skimmer in the sump plugged it in and nothing is happening. I don't think that the pump is running. Any suggestions?

Contact the company you bought it from. You could also open up the pump and check the parts for any damages. 

If you can't get a replacement pump, look for a different one that could work.

I would take it apart and put it back together first and make sure everything is seated correctly.

I used one of these without issue for years although I got it from a US company. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, newbie bob said:

I have a 40 gal breeder tank cycled and just bought a magus curve 5 skimmer. I built a sump refugium. I placed the skimmer in the sump plugged it in and nothing is happening. I don't think that the pump is running. Any suggestions?

Is it not running at all or just not producing bubbles? Make sure the air tube intake is in place and sucking in air. It should have a skinny tube connected to the venturi.

• 2 weeks later...

Why did you create a new user?

13 minutes ago, NewbieBob said:

It runs out of water but when its in the water it quits running. I am not sure whats happening

I'm not sure either.  Maybe the air intake is just blocked. :unsure: