Top Shelf Aquatics

Can't get the flow right in IM Nuvo Lagoon 25.

3s1k

I can't seem to get the flow right despite having 4 koralia power heads. I'm getting a lot of detritus and it seems to collect in the rear of the tank. So I added a PH to the rear and then it collects under the PH in the corners.

I rearranged my rocks and now to the point were shaked off all the LR, removed 75% of the rocks (10-15lbs) to help with flow and did a 100% water change remove as much Detritus as I could.

I'm using media caddis on both overflows with a Imagitarium Filter Mesh cut to fit inside to catch detritus I kick up with a Turkey Baster.

Just a little back story. I had a standard 29g well stocked with corals and was doing great. I moved it all to the IM lagoon and it went south from there.

I run the mighty jet return pump and 1 aqamai kps(80%-100% depends on time)

I don't have a lot of detritus. There will always be detritus.

Its important to use Turkey baster on the rocks with every waterchange and vacuum sand. 

Also stirring sand during the week and using a Turkey baster mid week helps too.

Do you use filter floss and change it frequently?

• Like 1

That turkey Baster works so perfect! I did mine yesterday for the first time and got all kinds of junk off my rock! Loads of it! Rock looks so much better now.

5 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I run the mighty jet return pump and 1 aqamai kps(80%-100% depends on time)

I don't have a lot of detritus. There will always be detritus.

Its important to use Turkey baster on the rocks with every waterchange and vacuum sand. 

Also stirring sand during the week and using a Turkey baster mid week helps too.

Do you use filter floss and change it frequently?

This is my first AIO so I'm new to using filter pads. I change them every few weeks, maybe I should be changing them more frequently?

I Turkey baste at least 2x a week though.

19 minutes ago, 3s1k said:

This is my first AIO so I'm new to using filter pads. I change them every few weeks, maybe I should be changing them more frequently?

I Turkey baste at least 2x a week though.

Filter floss is cheaper than pads. It allows you to switch it out 2 times a week which allows a better ability to remove detritus.

If pads are used without being switched out, the get clogged faster and less floating detritus being trapped and removed.

2 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Filter floss is cheaper than pads. It allows you to switch it out 2 times a week which allows a better ability to remove detritus.

If pads are used without being switched out, the get clogged faster and less floating detritus being trapped and removed.

Any recommendations on filter floss?