SaltCritters.com

What's this ? Sponge right??

FISHnChix

So found a handful of these in my sump.. never seen once like this before but thinking they are sponges. . Can someone confirm for me please..  my luck it will be some form of reef herpes and nuke my tank 🤔

20190106_122111.jpg

20190106_122106.jpg

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, GraniteReefer said:

Pineapple sponges 

Thanks!! I have heard of those juta never saw them.. I guess I am ok as long as they dont reproduce too fast right??

MainelyReefer

They only grow in the rear of my AIO’s so I’m thinking they shouldn’t become a nuisance in the display and should filter in the rear right? Sometimes they almost die off then rebound months later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
RayWhisperer

They are harmless filter feeders. Their population will go up and down. They tend to stay confined to areas of high flow. You might end up with a few in the display, but most will be in areas like the overflow and sump.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RayWhisperer said:

They are harmless filter feeders. Their population will go up and down. They tend to stay confined to areas of high flow. You might end up with a few in the display, but most will be in areas like the overflow and sump.

Cool! Thanks.. kinda neat I started then new tank only a few months back and was my first tank with out using dry rock and am starting to see some signs of good hitchhikers 😎

• Like 1