CCDillon

WTB Mini red carpet anemone

What's up everyone. I'm looking to buy a small red mini carpet anemone. They aren't maxi minis and they aren't baby haddonis or anything and I'll attach a picture of what I am looking for in this post. They don't have a Latin name as far as I know but I have seen them frequently in the trade and are just referred to as mini carpets. They stay up to 3 inches, are always red and split regularly. I had like 10 of them about 2/3 years ago and have been wanting some more since. Just wondering if anyone has one they wouldn't mind oarting with.

PM for negotiations. Thank you. 

Screenshot_20190106-032332-01.jpeg

Not to steal your thread, but if you end up finding a species name for them could you let me know?  I remember these being around and being a big deal for a couple of months and then they sort of just *poof* and disappeared. 

My LFS imported a bunch of these two years ago. From Indo-Pacific region. Costs RM 150 each for a 1" wide nem. They're called mini carpets here, and the 'red' color is considered 'premium', hence the expensive price for such a small size. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, patback said:

Not to steal your thread, but if you end up finding a species name for them could you let me know?  I remember these being around and being a big deal for a couple of months and then they sort of just *poof* and disappeared. 

Nah it's cool and I def will. I figured they would be a hit once they were in the market for a while. I was happy I had so many split just from one specimen. Of course a crash happened and I slowly lost them all.

I've seen them on @Cultivated Reef

They are not on their site atm however it says they are closed until the 8th. Perhaps they will have new stock in sometime after that

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

I've seen them on @Cultivated Reef

They are not on their site atm however it says they are closed until the 8th. Perhaps they will have new stock in sometime after that

Thank you! I'll check up on them periodically 

They'[re nice I just bought one last spring at a swap and it spilt! so I have two now may sell one if my friend doesn't buy..I've heard where they're imported from is closed to harvesting them? 

11 hours ago, Mkus said:

They'[re nice I just bought one last spring at a swap and it spilt! so I have two now may sell one if my friend doesn't buy..I've heard where they're imported from is closed to harvesting them? 

IIRC, they were usually imported from Indonesia, so you're probably right. Hopefully somebody will work on culturing them in commercial quantities.

On 1/10/2019 at 6:49 AM, Mkus said:

Good stuff. I'm willing to buy if your friend doesn't work out. Thank you!

I just bought one today. If mine splits, I'd gladly give you one FOC. Problem is, you're not in the same country as me. :sad:

5 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I just bought one today. If mine splits, I'd gladly give you one FOC. Problem is, you're not in the same country as me. :sad:

Blargh that's definitely an obstacle haha

• Like 1

• Recommended Discussions