ReefCleaners.org

DIY 15 AIO

neyes_ice

hello everyone!

thought i'd share my setup, just got back to the hobby, though i never kept a proper saltwater setup before let alone a reef setup. the reason for this setup is I have a 2 1/2 year old son is diagnosed with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) and having an aquarium can help soothe them. yes i could have just gone with freshwater and be done with it, but its going to be for me too 😄 its the biggest i could setup right now since we live in an apartment. I have decided to DIY the tank because we might move in 1-1/2 yrs time and it would be difficult to transport a glass tank 1,200 miles. equipment i can take. and here's what i have. 

Standard 15 Gal converted to AIO so display is like a standard 10 gal
return pump: eheim compacton 1000
santa monica drop.6 for nutrient export
kessil A80 tuna blue
neotherm 75W heater
xp aqua duetto ato
mp10 circulation pump

stocking plans:
no SPS
hammers and other manageable LPS
minimal fish

please comment on my aquascape i like the 3 island idea but i'm concerned it might be too tall if i plan to keep LPS
i'm on day 5 of fishless cycling using one and only.

the other picture is my DIY RODI mount. I make RODI in the bathroom since we live in an apartment.

5D4BB24E-07E9-44EF-90FE-6EC4ABEE9D2D.jpeg

DE80B350-6DB5-48B4-A1B6-91E686A41E27.jpeg

• Like 2
Christopher Marks

Nice job building your new nano reef system @neyes_ice, it looks great! It's an amazing thing to share with your son!

I like the aquascape, I think it provides a lot of different areas and depths to mount coral in the future.

• Thanks 1