Cultivated Reef

NanoBox 2018 : Year In Review

DaveFason

Nano-Reef Squad,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years holiday. NanoBox survived the holiday season, barely. After a few delayed packages, missing packages and the normal insanity with shipping I survived. Shipping ~ 25+ packages this week with more heading out today I will be back to normal after next week. I really can't thank you guys enough for hanging tight after the package delays. 

2018 was a hard year. NanoBox as a whole had some of the hardest times due to production issues and some of its highest highs to date. Reaching new customers and working with original customers from the past is a great feeling. The power of social media continues to amaze me with the reach it allows. This past year I shipped to 20+ countries! After a few hard learning lessons I know 2019 will be great.  I have a new items and ideas in the pipeline. 

• New mounting systems - 12" gooseneck, metal arm and acrylic legs. 
  • More online presence. Help new reefers, interact more on Instagram and other social platforms. 
  • New lid design that will allow for two Tides or two Duos to be connected to. Allowing for current customers to expand. 
  • Videos - My goal to is have a new video every two weeks. 
  • Universal RETRO kits - Allowing for less product sku's and easier installs. 
  • 18" three puck unit. 

Last year showed me how amazing my customers are. All tanks shared on Nano-Reef and social platforms are real. NanoBox never paid for a staged tank, staged photo or video. I am so proud of this because you see to much of this across the hobby. The lights are tried and true! 

Here are a few of my favorite tanks from last year. 

@markalot

Mark RETRO FTS

@teenyreef

Johns IM10 NanoBox Tide Topdown

Tom

Toms FTS DUO

Perry 

45862312361_be53903e13_b.jpg

Huy 

25568713117_161e4ab005_b.jpg

@Scorched

2017_11_17-NanoReef_1891

Rut 

topdown

Thank you guys for everything that you do. I could do it with out you. 

To a great 2019! 

-Dave

• Like 11

Congrats on your success and I wish you more in the future! After a lot of research, shopping and contemplating building my own LED light I just ordered my first NanoBox Reef light, a large Retro Kit for my Red Sea Max 130. As far as building a similar light, I couldn't build it for much cheaper than the kit, it just wasn't worth it. For what's available for my needs, the NanoBox looks to be simply the best and I am looking forward to growing my mixed reef with it for many years. 👍

• Like 1
skyscraper2290

Thanks for everything you do Dave! So glad to have a nanobox over my tank and know where all future lighting needs will be coming from. Been a very happy customer since 2014 when I first joined NR and learned about your lights and it’s been great being able to send the light back for upgrades as they have come out!

20 hours ago, shaner014 said:

Thank You! 

Cheers to another great year! 🍻 

Thanks. Even more thanks to supplying some images. 🙂

20 hours ago, Bato367 said:

Congrats on your success and I wish you more in the future! After a lot of research, shopping and contemplating building my own LED light I just ordered my first NanoBox Reef light, a large Retro Kit for my Red Sea Max 130. As far as building a similar light, I couldn't build it for much cheaper than the kit, it just wasn't worth it. For what's available for my needs, the NanoBox looks to be simply the best and I am looking forward to growing my mixed reef with it for many years. 👍

Thanks for choosing me. The RETRO kits a really a no brainer after adding up everything you need. 

9 hours ago, Tamberav said:

The new ideas sound amazing! I have no idea how you will keep up with all that but I look forward to seeing it! 

Thank you! And the tanks are looking great. 

9 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Thanks for all you do, Dave! I'm excited to see the new product ideas this year.

Thank you John. I need to make a code for all the people that bought a Tide and IM10 because of you. 

9 hours ago, skyscraper2290 said:

Thanks for everything you do Dave! So glad to have a nanobox over my tank and know where all future lighting needs will be coming from. Been a very happy customer since 2014 when I first joined NR and learned about your lights and it’s been great being able to send the light back for upgrades as they have come out!

Thanks for the continued support. Even better seeing your new tank setup. 🙂

8 hours ago, patback said:

Wow, the lights sure have gotten slim.  Or is that just me imaging it?  Super sleek looking. Keep up the good work. 

They are small. Less than an inch thick.  Thanks so much! 

• Like 3

I noticed an end-mounted duo or quad in one of the pictures above. I want to start up a nano peninsula tank probably in the 25-40 gallon range. I would love to put a duo or quad above it but need it mounted from the end. (don't want to hang it)

Is this possible? Could it be engineered?

4 hours ago, Sparty said:

I noticed an end-mounted duo or quad in one of the pictures above. I want to start up a nano peninsula tank probably in the 25-40 gallon range. I would love to put a duo or quad above it but need it mounted from the end. (don't want to hang it)

Is this possible? Could it be engineered?

The weight of the light is a limiting factor, I doubt a quad could be with the standard gooseneck. Maybe one of his hinted at rigid mounts? You could probably DIY a decent option from that 8020 aluminum stuff too, and just hang Dave’s light from that.