Jump to content
NanoRox

Recommended live rock glue or epoxy?

Recommended Posts

NanoRox

Doing a reboot/rescape of my 14g.  looking for recommendations for bonding wet rock.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
HarryPotter

The tunze stuff dries like a rock in about 60 seconds. A pain in the a$$ to use for fragging corals, but awesome for putting together rock scapes. 

 

cyanoacrylate is cyanoacrylate. I prefer gel to the water-thin stuff. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
NanoRox
2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

The tunze stuff dries like a rock in about 60 seconds. A pain in the a$$ to use for fragging corals, but awesome for putting together rock scapes. 

 

cyanoacrylate is cyanoacrylate. I prefer gel to the water-thin stuff. 

Is it this?  

 

Tunze coral fix

Share this post


Link to post
Christopher Marks

 

I didn't know about Tunze Coral Gum, how cool! It seems so much easier to work with, thanks for the tip @HarryPotter!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
HarryPotter
8 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

 

I didn't know about Tunze Coral Gum, how cool! It seems so much easier to work with, thanks for the tip @HarryPotter!

 

It’s super easy to work with! That’s how I made all the structures in the 300 gallon. It also doesn’t smell or stick to your fingers, which is AWESOME compared to other brands. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Rcpilot

Ordering some of this now.  I'm 'bout to scape a 40g breeder.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
NanoRox
8 minutes ago, Rcpilot said:

Ordering some of this now.  I'm 'bout to scape a 40g breeder.

I have some coming in also.  I'll post my experience with it when it comes in.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
HarryPotter
14 minutes ago, Rcpilot said:

Ordering some of this now.  I'm 'bout to scape a 40g breeder.

 

5 minutes ago, NanoRox said:

I have some coming in also.  I'll post my experience with it when it comes in.  

 

Just don’t mix it before you’re ready to use. At the beginning I tried to mix larger amounts, but by the time I put the first glob and squished it in to my rock, the second glob was too hard. So just mix small amounts, you can’t “prepare” a bunch at once like with other epoxies. 

 

Also, like all epoxy, it’s best to apply superglue where it contacts the rock. The epoxy serves as a structural component, but still needs superglue for optimal adhesion. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
shaner014

My skimmer just went NUTS coming online, ordering this now! I used a lot of 2LF epoxy and don’t want to deal with that every time... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...