Coral Vue Hydros

Recommended live rock glue or epoxy?

NanoRox

The tunze stuff dries like a rock in about 60 seconds. A pain in the a$$ to use for fragging corals, but awesome for putting together rock scapes. 

cyanoacrylate is cyanoacrylate. I prefer gel to the water-thin stuff. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

The tunze stuff dries like a rock in about 60 seconds. A pain in the a$$ to use for fragging corals, but awesome for putting together rock scapes. 

cyanoacrylate is cyanoacrylate. I prefer gel to the water-thin stuff. 

Is it this?  

Tunze coral fix

• Christopher Marks changed the title to Recommended live rock glue or epoxy?
8 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

I didn't know about Tunze Coral Gum, how cool! It seems so much easier to work with, thanks for the tip @HarryPotter!

It’s super easy to work with! That’s how I made all the structures in the 300 gallon. It also doesn’t smell or stick to your fingers, which is AWESOME compared to other brands. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Rcpilot said:

Ordering some of this now.  I'm 'bout to scape a 40g breeder.

I have some coming in also.  I'll post my experience with it when it comes in.  

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Rcpilot said:

Ordering some of this now.  I'm 'bout to scape a 40g breeder.

5 minutes ago, NanoRox said:

I have some coming in also.  I'll post my experience with it when it comes in.  

Just don’t mix it before you’re ready to use. At the beginning I tried to mix larger amounts, but by the time I put the first glob and squished it in to my rock, the second glob was too hard. So just mix small amounts, you can’t “prepare” a bunch at once like with other epoxies. 

Also, like all epoxy, it’s best to apply superglue where it contacts the rock. The epoxy serves as a structural component, but still needs superglue for optimal adhesion. 

• Like 2