9darlingcalvi

Stormin The Dorms- Project Resurrection

FTS 11/24/18

XTgz5IcIpmBwYwOfYWICr12Vx1D48ezpsnqHW_SraekFBjaYwDJ_xRrRelwWkODCMhZneys5AThGltgrBh-m76QSzN6iE3EoGiGW8c0rbLTrNucFrXoKpmi83bdFjBUApkMFkOz0

FTS 11/26/18

vZaRx7dGasZ-1g359DW7ts-bcB1MR_kIwsBMmnrza_IawoOaYwTDm9uGBlcytTc4ZBvQTzCZt1AQwoNtBFudIsv_azVSl05AGYPEDQAZfai8gp5UcxKFrFYY4oAvLrv7qMoQDzuV

FTS 11/30/18

WKpf6ndBkzYpXmWUdjg4GWs8l22ciFGQsJ2iArZsbsNKTs4ligBNHvhjOmTSMKBsL6oCURP8_Un7im_Zk9eBVZ9aUfS5v2IIVCWnYCYq-d1IRFPlCAQmsL3o7rDEmFXKgj6SS9Ee

FTS 12/17/18

uS4mrHUkAGsXrwINVK9tNIWWWnJ5hM_IQiCGVPTC8JBradZxZhCKanDYhCT0vOY0ymj0SJVpQKT5PFiK8yH0zYnbmpLLxMTwzBdN_b7-oTwO4R-3iM09RSIVVmhMeSk54zrIP7L5

FTS 12/18/19

-XqJlHijp61RnfsTXd2SAD1cLd_jStYYuejgn6DHSbvi7rGYUEtlsoqYeKUac2W-rN7-N9nuhl2_Gy2ez-qnT6zDgfPmf4uwQzmMKgs189Jlwo2ugrY8xwRCrHM9N-240pdMnTwU

FTS 12/29/18

OX-i8k3Pw0e7E1HeXo5f9ksfH2uRuPYXnfuH8WxT3PwIdx0OQStwKYKdH695wb-LXbJGGUjhrdk1ioWGwNmo_y7UJEz1JwwOTWnmky_yesCQ2kh3q7OUXj-RG7jpJpeemlQaW700

Tank: Aqueon 2.5 mini bow in white with frosted background

Substrate: Mix of pool filtration sand and aragonite flakes

Rock: ~1.5 lbs live rock from LFS

Heater: 7.5 watt

Filter/Circulation: Stock filter with “algae scrubber” top

Light: Aqua(something) 8" light? and stock LED for shimmer effect

Light Cycle: 8am-8pm

Dosing: 3 drops trace elements every other week

Skimmer: No

ATO: No

Funding: $20 every other week...

Water Change: 50-75% after feeding

Feeding: Various frozen cubes

Stock: As of December 2018

Inverts

2? Mexican red  legged hermit crabs

1 Nerite snail

1  Peppermint shrimp

Fan Worms

Macroalgae

Caulerpa prolifera

Caulerpa racemosa

Gracilaria sp. (pom pom?)

Potential Stock

Inverts

Scarlet hermit

Pom pom crabs x 2

Anemone porcelain crab

Peppermint shrimp x 1

Sexy Shrimp x 3

Corals

Xenia

Kenyan tree

Zoas/polyps

Photosynthetic gorg

I purchased this 2.5-gallon aqueon mini bow from Petco on black Friday for 50% off (I instantly regreted not getting the 5 gallon). This tank will be making the trip from my local college's marine lab to Bemidji State next fall where I will be majoring in Aquatic Biology to later become a Marine Biologist working at Pacific Northwest aqauriums. The goal was originally a Pacific Northwest biotope, but.......my LFS dragged me into the reef hobby. After looking at a variety of reef nano tanks I got inspired by Yoshii's amazing macro garden tanks. So, now the tank was ripped apart and I added a pound or so of live rock with a few clippings of caulepra prolifera. Later I bought a peppermint shrimp, trochus snail (RIP), 2 nerites (RIP one) and 1 nassarius snail (RIP). At the same time, some caulerpa racemosa was added. Jump to today (12/29/18) and everything has grown in well, I added some red macro (pom pom gracilaria?) and 2 bristleworms [migth regret later]. I have a 7.5-watt slim heater in a 3 gallon with a thermostat to make sure it won't boil my water after that's stable I will add some corals and more inverts with MAYBE a micro goby (Clown goby, Green banded or Tiger goby)???

• Like 6

I think I’m going with a pair of Pom poms and a trio of sexies, do sexy shrimp NEED an anemone or would it be fine in a photosynthetic gorg or Xenia?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 9darlingcalvi said:

I think I’m going with a pair of Pom poms and a trio of sexies, do sexy shrimp NEED an anemone or would it be fine in a photosynthetic gorg or Xenia?

Sexy shrimp don’t need anything. They’ll hang out wherever. 🙂

Well the mini heater worked for like 2 days and now the tank is back at 70 degrees! Guess I’ll be looking for 2 new heaters as I setup a 5 gallon least killifish tank

I like the Archea heater offered by Aqua Forest Aquarium.  It's slender and small and fits in bitty tanks.  I prefer the 25w but they were out of stock last I checked.  They do have a 50w version though (not sure if the size is different).  It's got an external thermostat for control.

6 hours ago, 9darlingcalvi said:

I might try to get that, the only problem is I don’t have a card to buy stuff online

It's been a while since I ordered, but they might take Paypal.  If you have a bank account you can connect it to your Paypal for online purchases.

4 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

It's been a while since I ordered, but they might take Paypal.  If you have a bank account you can connect it to your Paypal for online purchases.

For real? What the heck!

7 hours ago, 9darlingcalvi said:

For real? What the heck!

Yep!  I do think paypal likes 2 different forms of payment connected (I used two bank accounts) but it's a great way to be able to buy things online relatively safely if you don't have a card.  I'd rather log into paypal than go find my purse, dig out my wallet, and find my card lol.

• Like 1

Here’s the current state, lots of microalgae growth even with reduced lighting and minimal feeding 

F4DCBCF3-EF1C-4568-90F0-4AF4C593A175.jpeg

• Like 2

All things must come to an end, good bye 2.5 Marco tank. It was fun, but I’m starting a new project. 

A 10 gallon White Cloud Mountain Minnow tank!

CB93C377-7E01-47D0-82C9-693C42E3B909.jpeg

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, 9darlingcalvi said:

Hopefully a “pest” coral tank or just a tank of leathers and maybe some palys

what pests are you thinking?

4 minutes ago, Friendly said:

those aren't pests!

aptasia is a pest!

I don’t like the look of aptasia, I do like the other “pest” anemone...Manjano or something like that?

Going to look for a small end table and some small rock pieces this weekend. Already got a new light, filter and heater

Well I’ve been with this tank less that 24 hours. I tunred the lights on this morning and noticed a bristle worm (no big deal). I looked at it more and saw the antenna and then I got skeptical, so I took it out and used my macro lens. Sure enough it was a baby bobbit worm! On the first day of the tank I find a baby bobbit worm! What are the chances! Now, do I keep it in the tank because I won’t have fish or do I remove him for good?

769F6B44-ABB3-42B2-A578-6BD990082B28.jpeg

4D3BBAD0-5A1B-4AB4-89F1-04570F8FE19B.jpeg

• Wow 1