Coral Vue Hydros

Project Resurrection - reef-cleaners order(s), crabby cove and 10 gallon...oh my!-

CD_Scapes

Well I’m done with highschool and I can say it should feel different, but not much has changed. Maybe it’s because my job has me working 30 hours a week lol. Should I turn the second post of the thread to be my 5 gallon information spot or should I have 2 threads? Anyways, I had some extra grad party money to spend. So what does one buy? Well how about an Intank_aquatics media basket for my 5 gallon spec, I got this so I can reliably filter the tank. With that said, the Spec got re-setup to become a mini maxi/rock flower anemone along with macroalgae. I had a few extra funds so I looked at reef-cleaners to create an order. I ended up getting:

•2.5, 3 gallon JBJ cleaner crew

-3 dwarf ceriths

-2 Florida ceriths

-2 nassarius vibexs

-3 Antillean nerites

•2 blue legged hermits

•7 dwarf planaxis

•3 limpets

•penny macro

•ulva

•ruby mithrax crab (I hope)

While looking later on in the week, I saw a new species of decorator crab! These are micro decorator crabs. Maybe around 2-3 mm, they only had 2, I wish the had more of them.

So to add to my order and John refunded me shipping for the second order!

•2 micro decorator crabs

•another penny macro

•soft coralline algea

With all of these critters, I think the new goal for my 5 gallon spec will be a mini crab dominated tank. I plan to order porcelain crabs for each anemone and so maybe one “blue” porcelain, a white porcelain and a few of the green porcelains.

WYCVWTmZtvXql3-H9s5Kif7YL5KxetcrXnlQ40wR8ZrzxpLF1YM8rZNtGzcK87_0yXUYE5NceEOjaD_Ppetoc9ZkCA2eNDXah99jHGWltGlAH38HJshM3U0Z3-k0aPS9JvywAPUA

Here is the “anemone craddle”. I hope they don’t crawl out of the box

g6HW-6wbIGKx-Y_BRiRL4yxHP3r4qk8cP0yK4cBX05-jAuJyWYrFFQINxVw-1CUCBL3fPWGxpUQl24X-9jRl4rHZ79F0eUbGWDlWn1VZzOFl-PqVXEPtJCVRjGGt4yJQ6FRE4ix3

One of my newest mini maxis under white lights, I live the red on this one!

-G-QYJlLNdetNMrPnjGNtb1S8aHPsNZI4-r9NjHLLyp0mKbgQwaRiAJametk9pj1cNAODc6wXSwG-oem1V1ghKr7-9Jr3IA-mN3kk355t36aIeGBhYiCKNmZbWw_esem3oTYoRfD

And here’s a screenshot showing the description of the micro decorator crabs. Very tiny!

I move in August 23rd and I have thought about moving my tank, I only get to move one. While the 10 gives me more fish room, it takes away space in my dorm. The 5 is also easier to do water changes and maintain with smaller amount of salt needed for water changes. So, I think the 5 will be coming with me and the 10 will stay at home or be sold off.

I will get a FTS for both tanks after I top off my 10 gallon (don’t have RODI right now) and when I get my reef cleaners order.

• Wow 2

Sounds like you'll be quite busy coming up - plans are good, and yours sound very fun, especially all those crabs! Looking forward to it!

19 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Sounds like you'll be quite busy coming up - plans are good, and yours sound very fun, especially all those crabs! Looking forward to it!

It will be a fun time! I’m thinking about making the 5 gallon an all macro tank and maybe snag a Pygmy white spotted filefish as a centerpiece...maybe just maybe

• Like 1

My reef cleaners order(s) come Wednesday night!!!!! I’m uber excited! Also maybe picking up a rock flower or some white ball corillimorphs 

• Like 1

DAOCHKkttmlGkFmCSQEbSRpsYviouf1gO5ax-05KncQzAtl5vRrtKYbP4upgsQkR_5VcP3KzMoHLku7GZTQ-63y9Z6dG-BZdSqj_FUWgS_s8f5L4P4ZOREtWk1jbDYSHARx7cb0A

Here’s my new tank thanks to John at Reef Cleaners!!!! There was way more than I expected in the order! Here’s what I got from Reef Cleaners:

• 8 or so zig zag periwinkles

• 5 dwarf plananix snails

• 5 nassarius snails

• 2 limpets (1 DOA)

• 2 Florida ceriths

• Too many to count dwarf ceriths

• 2 dwarf blue hermits

• 3 big nerites

• Emerald crab

• 2 dwarf decorator crabs

• Assorted hermit

• 2 flat branched gracilaria

• Ulva

• Gracilaria

• Cactus caulerpa

• Soft coralline

• Green agardhiella

• Unidentified species (maybe flame aglea?)

BQajVE8m6DqiYXpz9qjKayhhEdpGYTaStjYYTDgOM-stUW-yNmOsep5QCawFIKYDOw2S36_KaYZtoamnbs2UgoOlqZp8-HCztSzkHSi3HILZdGZ1_K0hhx_Kf4No-XTENsGpFHB-

Here’s one of the decorators in the gracilaria

uls07pDNronRJQxPuJQQjHNtDdGoYGFuFeD6HWL0EzH1pbSOCenvXHpwVjNuHp_jxX3gW-45fcE3vcwmmZohqyNX0_9wygPBkiJCxZyNK07lZMjv9W7bpOMiyXjrwFxqlKSador2

The unidentified algea

• Like 2