NinyaCap

MaxiJet1200s in Nanocube28, too powerful?

NinyaCap

I got a nanocube 28 off of craigslist with zero equipment besides the lights in the hood and the tank itself. I got two mj1200s in the back as my return pumps but I am unable to run both at the same time because they overflow the display tank and then make a lot of bubbles. I’ve had them on timers to only have one on at a time but this isn’t ideal for many reasons. This doesn’t seem to be a problem with anyone else, what am I doing wrong? Should I purchase a mj900 to replace one of the mj1200? Thanks for reading. 

Christopher Marks

Welcome to the community @NinyaCap!

It sounds like those pumps are simply too powerful for the Nanocube's overflow intakes to handle. Is it possible your filter media or something in the back chamber is restricting flow too much?

NinyaCap

Thanks!

Even when the back was empty when first setting it up (no restriction) it still did this. I don’t understand how others can accomplish this as they are the recommended replacement for the stock pumps. Do you think two mj900s would work? 

Clown79

2 1200's may be too much for the tank.

Also depends on how much media and other items are in the back chambers too. 

• Like 1