Innovative Marine Aquariums

IM Nuvo 20 lighting with Tunze 9001

kozik

So right now I have a current orbit USA marine and I just added a Tunze 9001 to the middle chamber.

my problem is now I want to upgrade the lighting to something like an ai prime, nanobox, or hydra 26 but that Tunze took away all my middle mounting space. There is a tiny bit of space in the middle there but most mounts look too thick and I really don’t want to ceiling mount it.

any ideas? Other mounting options? Anyone else with a similar setup that found a way to mount 1 light in the middle?

You can extend a piece of metal or wood from the back of the stand up behind the tank and mount it to that. Or, create a hanging arm from some bent conduit connected to the stand.

Tuan’s Reef
1 hour ago, kozik said:

So right now I have a current orbit USA marine and I just added a Tunze 9001 to the middle chamber.

my problem is now I want to upgrade the lighting to something like an ai prime, nanobox, or hydra 26 but that Tunze took away all my middle mounting space. There is a tiny bit of space in the middle there but most mounts look too thick and I really don’t want to ceiling mount it.

any ideas? Other mounting options? Anyone else with a similar setup that found a way to mount 1 light in the middle?

Ran into this very same problem when I wanted to buy the 9001 with my 2 Ai prime hd setup along with 1 current USA marine led strip as well.  I didn’t  want to ceiling mount my lights or make a contraption to hold my lights either. 

I decided to buy the IM nuvo 10  and move 1 ai prime hd there .

For my Nuvo 20 I used 1 ai prime with the current marine led strip moved to the back of my NUVO 20.   I get pretty amazing thunder effects when both the Ai Prime and current USA weather turned on.  

I went with the new nuvoskim dc skimmer from IM installed in the 2nd chamber.  It’s been on for 24 hrs now . So far so good 

On 12/28/2018 at 11:38 AM, shaner014 said:

You can extend a piece of metal or wood from the back of the stand up behind the tank and mount it to that. Or, create a hanging arm from some bent conduit connected to the stand.

Yea I guess I have a little bit of a lip at the back of the stand, this could work, thanks for the idea!

20 minutes ago, kozik said:

Yea I guess I have a little bit of a lip at the back of the stand, this could work, thanks for the idea!

No problem, I stole the idea from someone in the nanobox owners thread.

his pic not mine:

5AC5B8B6-EF45-40C8-A5D2-2ABA72270010.thumb.jpeg.1844a81bb2e6b33d7accc80297751da1.jpeg

• Like 1