Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

jack1978

4 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Pretty bitching... I love puffers but are afraid to try them in a reef..  way back in high school I had a box puffer. Dude was awesome.. would come up to the surface and spit water at me when I walked by🤣.. hungry little ####ers

Yeah, I almost got a puffer, but these little guys are close enough.  My first one would chirp her teeth and spit water out of the aquarium ..... I think I posted a video of her spitting in one of @Ratvan threads ....... 

I had an 8 Ball puffer as a kid..... fresh / brackish water ...... loved that little guy. 

• Like 3
StinkyBunny
1 hour ago, jack1978 said:

When was that? 

I just opened the email so it could be anytime in the last week, lol. I don't usually open Walt's emails lately because we can't get corals so it's not worth it to get anything from there. I know some of the bigger guys bring in stock from there, but I'm not doing it. I can get most of what they have elsewhere cheaper. Fijian soft corals are the best in the world.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, StinkyBunny said:

I just opened the email so it could be anytime in the last week, lol. I don't usually open Walt's emails lately because we can't get corals so it's not worth it to get anything from there. I know some of the bigger guys bring in stock from there, but I'm not doing it. I can get most of what they have elsewhere cheaper. Fijian soft corals are the best in the world.

...... their yellows can suck a Richard.  Mine is still a miserable pile of pooh after the transfer. 

StinkyBunny
3 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

...... their yellows can suck a Richard.  Mine is still a miserable pile of pooh after the transfer. 

I seriously think it's something dietary with them bro. They do good in one person's tank and look like a pile of shit in another's. I only have 2 small ones and they're not growing and they're not dying. Their green and spotted toadies grow like weeds and drop babies like mad. I bet I've sold 200 babies out of the leather run.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

I seriously think it's something dietary with them bro. They do good in one person's tank and look like a pile of shit in another's. I only have 2 small ones and they're not growing and they're not dying. Their green and spotted toadies grow like weeds and drop babies like mad. I bet I've sold 200 babies out of the leather run.

Yeah, mine was a beauty for years in the cube.  Started small .... 1.5” diameter and over 3 years or so was up to 4” or so...looked great.

The Blue Kenya stung the shit out of its rim .... but it was still full and perky.

Went into the tub during the tank transfer with little light and flow.  Did the transfer and has shrunk down to nothingness with very little polyp extension and a loss of color ..... and it’s trunk is all shriveled up like @spectra 

Yesterday and today it looks like it’s actually doing a little better and like it is slitting off a small portion. I’ll snap a pic in a bit and post it.

-let me know your thoughts. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

4 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Yeah, mine was a beauty for years in the cube.  Started small .... 1.5” diameter and over 3 years or so was up to 4” or so...looked great.

The Blue Kenya stung the shit out of its rim .... but it was still full and perky.

Went into the tub during the tank transfer with little light and flow.  Did the transfer and has shrunk down to nothingness with very little polyp extension and a loss of color ..... and it’s trunk is all shriveled up like @spectra 

Yesterday and today it looks like it’s actually doing a little better and like it is slitting off a small portion. I’ll snap a pic in a bit and post it.

-let me know your thoughts. 

Hey so I was thinking of pulling the trigger on one of those mimic saddle puffers.. you guys think they will be safe with Lps  like frogspawn and hammers?

• Like 1

Here it is now.  This is the most perky it’s been in months .... since the transfer.

Still laying on its side and not standing up.

You can see where the trunk split and is tearing away with a small part of the crown connected. 

615A43ED-D65E-4BFC-8590-C63B254EFD48.jpeg

B64F0501-2A44-4141-BB41-95C788251219.jpeg

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Hey so I was thinking of pulling the trigger on one of those mimic saddle puffers.. you guys think they will be safe with Lps  like frogspawn and hammers?

Mine always was ...... when I got my first one, my cube was nothing but LPS and softies.  Never touched a thing.  Devoured mysis like a champ. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Mine always was ...... when I got my first one, my cube was nothing but LPS and softies.  Never touched a thing.  Devoured mysis like a champ. 

Shit I forgot I had a cleaner shrimp my daughter likes..  shrimp is  gonner of I add this guy right?

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Shit I forgot I had a cleaner shrimp my daughter likes..  shrimp is  gonner of I add this guy right?

No, It’s in with my cleaner.

-It’s a filefish, not a puffer.

20 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Hey and why didn't you go with the actual valentini puffer??

Puffers go after things, the Filefish (from my limited experience) don’t.  And they look almost identical.  And they’re giant googly eyes are fun. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Zoom in , cleaner is under the Sinularia.  He’s tried to introduce himself to the Mimic - but he has no interest. 

FB11B661-1D35-4936-A3B9-F8BC983E9B55.jpeg

2 minutes ago, spectra said:

You right on the trunk part............:biggrin: ok I need to go unpack goodies from the fish store..............

First I’m “right” and you got stuff from the LFS? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Zoom in , cleaner is under the Sinularia.  He’s tried to introduce himself to the Mimic - but he has no interest. 

FB11B661-1D35-4936-A3B9-F8BC983E9B55.jpeg

First I’m “right” and you got stuff from the LFS? 

Yeah.................

They had your new fish there also............

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yeah.................

They had your new fish there also............

....... so what did you get you tease?!?!

StinkyBunny
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Most things are safe with files and puffers, zoanthids are NOT safe with either of them in my experience. YMMV.

Here it is now.  This is the most perky it’s been in months .... since the transfer.

Still laying on its side and not standing up.

You can see where the trunk split and is tearing away with a small part of the crown connected. 

615A43ED-D65E-4BFC-8590-C63B254EFD48.jpeg

B64F0501-2A44-4141-BB41-95C788251219.jpeg

Yep, looks like it's splitting to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

....... so what did you get you tease?!?!

A fish and some coral...............the fish is being beaten into submission by a few tangs..............I am never going to be able to add fish............it sucks............

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, spectra said:

A fish and some coral...............the fish is being beaten into submission by a few tangs..............I am never going to be able to add fish............it sucks............

What’s the fish? 

5 minutes ago, spectra said:

If it lives I will tell you.............but for now...........

See the source image

I can’t keep a secret if you don’t tell me what it is.... that’s how a secret works these days. 

• Haha 1

Finally a baby in the new tank!  Almost killed this guy off in the cube from being too shaded by the Sinularia and the Blue Kenya.  Thing is blinding.

784E0C89-84CC-44CC-8F10-FC6946BECC44.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

This little Bali Red is getting to be a bright red as well ..... picture doesn’t show it well enough.  Closed up and snacking on brine shrimp. 

DEBD6CF0-8A18-4145-9716-75FF66D83F19.jpeg

And the Mr and Mrs ...... crap shot, but here they are

F682EEE1-4EA2-4685-B2E0-5683F569FD35.jpeg

• Like 2