Coral Vue Hydros

jack1978

3 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Well, making a ladder-style shelf thingy for my cousins baby who is due in a few months ....... this is what the walnut was for.  Gonna go with an espresso stain.  -How is this a tank update ....... it's one of the many projects that needs to be completed before the tank stand.  -Im pretty sure I'll use the same lumber for the stand though, walnut.  And the espresso stain as well.  

20190127_160539.thumb.jpg.0210d71d83acb9b5ec8dc91c86f3757c.jpg

A baby shouldn’t be on a ladder or a shelf. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
6 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

A baby shouldn’t be on a ladder or a shelf. 

Says who?

I put mine there for time outs ..... after a couple of falls they learn to stay put. 

• Haha 5
41 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Thats it @spectra i need that lagoon you have. Jack must need to be shown how to set it up

That would be helpful..... mine was sent without directions or water ...... I think MD is slipping. 

• Like 2
righttirefire
1 hour ago, patback said:

Who is making the boxes up to place bids on when this gets wet?  Bring it to PM so jack cant cheat and make any one person win. 

We'd go broke if every box was $0.01 and represented a week...

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, jack1978 said:

That would be helpful..... mine was sent without directions or water ...... I think MD is slipping. 

Mine either. Had to figure it out,we should write a letter....

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Mine either. Had to figure it out,we should write a letter....

We'll have to look at getting P-Cakes on retainer.  He became a fancy pants attorney.  

6 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Progress? 

20190130_143157.jpg

Looking good. You making room for specific coral placement or are you just gonna wing it?  Glass is on the inside or outside line of tape?

• Thanks 1
Just now, patback said:

Looking good. You making room for specific coral placement or are you just gonna wing it?  Glass is on the inside or outside line of tape?

Well, the lagoon is shallow .... so, going to be getting rid of the neon green nepthia, the long polyp toads and the blue one from teeny .... I love the flow of them, but will fill the entire tank.  Keeping all the squaty leathers and shrooms, RFA and zoas.  Oh, and trying to make the gorg fit.  And Ol Man Spectra is sending a box of surprises down ........ 

Glass would be on the outside of the tape line. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

Well, the lagoon is shallow .... so, going to be getting rid of the neon green nepthia, the long polyp toads and the blue one from teeny .... I love the flow of them, but will fill the entire tank.  Keeping all the squaty leathers and shrooms, RFA and zoas.  Oh, and trying to make the gorg fit.  And Ol Man Spectra is sending a box of surprises down ........ 

Glass would be on the outside of the tape line. 

Lemme know if ya got questions,they are bad ass tanks man.

• Like 1
On 1/27/2019 at 8:49 PM, jack1978 said:

Well, making a ladder-style shelf thingy for my cousins baby who is due in a few months ....... this is what the walnut was for.  Gonna go with an espresso stain.  -How is this a tank update ....... it's one of the many projects that needs to be completed before the tank stand.  -Im pretty sure I'll use the same lumber for the stand though, walnut.  And the espresso stain as well.  

20190127_160539.thumb.jpg.0210d71d83acb9b5ec8dc91c86f3757c.jpg

first thing I thought of was some sort of custom stepped overflow... 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Thanks, buddy.

Stock return pump ...... how is it? 

Honestly,theyre super quiet. I only replaced it due to i broke it being an ass hat while cleaning it. If you have a good wavemaker you're fine. I run an mp10 blue box in mine.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...