Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jumping back in

gonzalez78

Hey nano-reefers, after a very long abcense from the nano-reef forum I’m finally getting back into it. Recently purchased a 15 gallon AIO cube from Waterbox Aquariums that I’m currently working on getting the stand built. As of now it will have the stock return pump, an AI Prime light and a Jebao PP-4 for flow. Will use some dead aragonite sand and dead rock once I wash it first. It’s nice to be back.

C32D99CF-A6C7-4FB7-B5BF-FD6AD59B1257.jpeg

D1112E43-51A1-4478-9787-AACDE85E81E3.jpeg

• Like 3

Nice to hear another one came back into the hobby. WaterBox makes some high end tanks!

You have any idea on any other filtration you will put in the back? Or any stocking plans?

3 minutes ago, gonzalez78 said:

Hey nano-reefers, after a very long abcense from the nano-reef forum I’m finally getting back into it. Recently purchased a 15 gallon AIO cube from Waterbox Aquariums that I’m currently working on getting the stand built. As of now it will have the stock return pump, an AI Prime light and a Jebao PP-4 for flow. Will use some dead aragonite sand and dead rock once I wash it first. It’s nice to be back.

C32D99CF-A6C7-4FB7-B5BF-FD6AD59B1257.jpeg

D1112E43-51A1-4478-9787-AACDE85E81E3.jpeg

Yay!!! 😄

2 minutes ago, Joevember said:

Nice to hear another one came back into the hobby. WaterBox makes some high end tanks!

You have any idea on any other filtration you will put in the back? Or any stocking plans?

I’m definitively not going to use the bioballs but would like to see about using that space as a micro-refiugium just have not thought of how. For stocking not yet just know I want to get some nice colors in it mostly zoas.

• Like 2

Stand is finished and almost in its permanent place, tank put on top with self leveling mat under. Found my old Apex Jr. So put that in place hoping it will still work. Now need to make an arm for the AI Prime.

93175641-1537-4DEA-AD84-5C1CCFC67772.jpeg

6DA59A03-F957-410E-B6C9-B28D83A007C2.jpeg

92DC2D35-4917-4CFD-B1E5-301EA19AAB14.jpeg

7A26BF3C-A9EF-4321-95A9-F871D172EE3D.jpeg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Welcome back @gonzalez78! This is going to make for a great nano reef, Waterbox tanks are beautiful. What's your plan for your DIY AI Prime mounting arm?

Thanks, I had made one before out of 1/2” square metal tubing I was thinking of doing it again.

• Like 1

It’s all filled and running for now to start the cycle, heater will be moved and replaced just couldn’t find the one I was looking for in my area so I’ll check another town soon.

73E77F3F-6DA7-4A97-8476-EAC84AF1E8E2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sad to say but my AI has been put

out if commision, it just wont reset so I can connect it to my WiFi and I have tried everything to reset even spoke to AI about it but nothing worked. It’s also out of warranty so I’m out on that route as well.

anyone have any suggestion on a good

light for the 15 gallon cube? Should I just go with another AI?

also, my brother won a 4 gallon cove from Glassbox so we’re also hunting for a light for it as well.

all suggestions welcome.