ReefCleaners.org

Whats should go next?

CoralStorm

help me find out what i should do next?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. what fish is to add to my tank next?

• Kole Tang
    • Pair of Mandirin Dragonets
    • One spot Foxface
    • Six Line Fairy Wrasse
    • Butterflyfish (whatever i can get my hands on)

3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

your time lines do not add up.  You were discussing ich in the display just last week.  According to your own posts you haven't even had the tank set up long enough to go fallow for the required time in the display tank.

So much going on I have lost track of what issues have occurred, what are occurring, and the period of time.

It makes it difficult to properly help 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

So much going on I have lost track of what issues have occurred, what are occurring, and the period of time.

It makes it difficult to properly help 

This is where is started off:

OP was given great advice from a lot of sources.

Still was given great advice from many sources.

• Like 1

IF u have added a new fish to the QT with other fish that are cured of whatever, the QT clock starts at zero for all of them. Thats’s not an opinion. It’s a fact, based on solid scientific evidence. Just my .$02 from 45 years of saltwater experience. I certainly don’t claim to be an expert but I have learned a few things over the years. Just sayin’.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
3 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

This is where is started off:

OP was given great advice from a lot of sources.

Still was given great advice from many sources.

Ah, yes. It's the tank I was thinking of.

Lots of great advice.

• Like 1

Tank needs to be without fish for 76 days to starve the ich parasite out. A week in QT with copper is not long enough also.

If you add fish to your DT they will simply get ich again unless you starve it out. Clowns and fish with thick mucus may not show signs of ich but can harbor it in the gills. Something without this thick mucus coat like a Tang is much more prone to becoming I'll.

You are risking basically throwing your money away right now.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

your time lines do not add up.  You were discussing ich in the display just last week.  According to your own posts you haven't even had the tank set up long enough to go fallow for the required time in the display tank.

i have a uv sterilizer to take the ich out to the dt water

31 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Tank needs to be without fish for 76 days to starve the ich parasite out. A week in QT with copper is not long enough also.

If you add fish to your DT they will simply get ich again unless you starve it out. Clowns and fish with thick mucus may not show signs of ich but can harbor it in the gills. Something without this thick mucus coat like a Tang is much more prone to becoming I'll.

You are risking basically throwing your money away right now.

a week? they have been with copper treatment for almost 2 months now

look heres the thing i set up this page to find out what i should put next i am not saying im getting it in the next few days as it is for me its almost impossible to find any of these guys at my lfs and will never ever shop for living things online so just to clarify i plan this for after my tank is free of disease and anything else not good for my life the coral beauty was an ordered from an lfs a while back and only came in recently thats why i just added it

1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

not an effective treatment for disease.

never said it was but to help get rid of the ich a little quicker and deal with algae

5 hours ago, CoralStorm said:

ich was gone with help from a uv and copper treatment in a qt

i never mentioned fungus cause i had it under control

⬆️

14 minutes ago, CoralStorm said:

never said it was but to help get rid of the ich a little quicker and deal with algae

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People are not trying to be mean or bring you down. They are giving you more advice then you asked to help guide you along the right steps to success.

Most of us have been through disease, algae, making mistakes. Some have gone through a complete crash, we've seen others go through it as well.

It's not fun, it's hard watching things die, watching the hard work go downhill, and its costly. 

By helping you, it gives you the opportunity to avoid all of that.

As for what additions come next. Research each fish, its needs, what its compatible with, and how hard it is to maintain.

• Like 4