Pod Your Reef

Glue for corals

Noobreefer90

I was wondering if there’s any kind of super glue or anything I can buy from Walmart to glue my corals to the clay peace’s they came on from the store a few of them had broken loose and now my snails knock them off at night 

I use the gel type. What I do is towel dry the areas that I plan on adding the glue to

the add the amount you think you need press the two together and hold for 30-60 seconds.

That should do the trick.

• Like 1

What something you can use underwater where I don’t have to bring my coral out of water I wanting to fix my frogspawn but don’t know if it’s good to get out of water 

9 minutes ago, Noobreefer90 said:

What something you can use underwater where I don’t have to bring my coral out of water I wanting to fix my frogspawn but don’t know if it’s good to get out of water 

2 party reef putty.  Some people use specific, cheaper jbweld type stuff, but its simpler to just get putty at the lfs rather than searching ingredients. 

It also comes in a few different colors, purple being the best as you can rub some sand on it and put a few small rubble pieces in it and it blends in real well with coraline. 

The putty still works best like a sandwich, where you glue the frag to the putty and also use super glue to stick the putty, as once it hardens it holds, but isn't sticky.  It can take over 10 minutes for it to be able to support a small-medium sized frag. 

1 hour ago, Noobreefer90 said:

You take take your coral out of the water to add glue . Remember when people frag these guys they have them out of the water for a lot longer than it takes to add glue.

If applying under water, the glue will form a skin on it pretty quickly (hardens with moisture), so you may need to put the coral where you want it, then move it in a slight circular motion to break the skin that formed to expose liquid glue underneath. Then hope that you didn’t glue your finger or thumb to the frag or rock in the process.