Coral Vue Hydros

Possible Majano?

IamJoHo

Looks like it. Remove them outside the tank before they reach plague proportions.

Not sure what you mean by others.

It also looks like you have bubble algae.

11 minutes ago, Joevember said:

Looks like it. Remove them outside the tank before they reach plague proportions.

Not sure what you mean by others.

It also looks like you have bubble algae.

Sorry. The greenish brown at the top of the pictures. Didn’t think they were the same as the Majano in the middle of the second picture. Sorry could have specified better. 

4 minutes ago, Joevember said:

Oh, yeah. Those are palythoas, they are a coral. Similar to zoanthids. They do grow quickly, so keep an eye out to make sure they don't take over.

Okay that’s what I thought. Was just having trouble finding a photo. Thanks a ton. 

26 minutes ago, IamJoHo said:

Any idea if these are of the variety that are toxic?

They probably are, most palys have palytoxins. Play it safe and assume that they are the toxic kind, and take all precautions for it.

• Like 2

FWIW, I've killed hundreds of crap palys like those and never suffered from it. I hit em with aptasia x. It takes a few treatments, but the die out eventually. The other one is an aptasia. Same treatment, but once should suffice. 

Just turn off your pumps, feed em their last meal, and leave the pumps off for about 10 minutes. Turn everything back on, and enjoy the sweet satisfaction of victory. Those brown green palys are nothing but a pest, just like aptasia.