ReefCleaners.org

Shakeb1000

Hello everyone,

this is is my first post and I hope I’m doing this right but I need help and this seems like a very helpful community and place to seek advice so here I am. I recently set up a nano reef a day ago, and it’s in the process of cycling rn. My goal is to keep 2 clownfish and a few corals. The only concern I have is that I used Nestle Purified Water and mixed the salt into that, the ones you put on top of water dispensers. I don’t know if this is dangerous or will cause problems in my tank. I did not have access to RO/DI water but I am looking into buying a system soon. My question is, should I completely drain the tank and start again, or is the water alright? 

1 hour ago, Shakeb1000 said:

Hello everyone,

this is is my first post and I hope I’m doing this right but I need help and this seems like a very helpful community and place to seek advice so here I am. I recently set up a nano reef a day ago, and it’s in the process of cycling rn. My goal is to keep 2 clownfish and a few corals. The only concern I have is that I used Nestle Purified Water and mixed the salt into that, the ones you put on top of water dispensers. I don’t know if this is dangerous or will cause problems in my tank. I did not have access to RO/DI water but I am looking into buying a system soon. My question is, should I completely drain the tank and start again, or is the water alright? 

It's already done...I'd leave it but once you get a rodi, I'd do a couple water changes to get a clean slate. 

• Thanks 1

No doubt am I gonna start trying to use distilled or RO/DI water, but do I need to completely restart my tank? And start with new water, or should I continue to let it cycle? 

6 hours ago, Shakeb1000 said:

No doubt am I gonna start trying to use distilled or RO/DI water, but do I need to completely restart my tank? And start with new water, or should I continue to let it cycle? 

Just let ut finish the cycle with the water you currently have. You can do a 90-100% water change once it's done. It will get all the bad stuff from the water and the excess nutrients out so you can start clean.