Top Shelf Aquatics

Coral crab ID

Northern Reef

Northern Reef
Wondering what the crabs living in this Leptastrea are. The closes I can get are paguritta crabs but they still don't look the same. Any help would be nice.

Thank you

Leptastrea_Frag_1a_1024x1024.jpg

ah ok. That's what I suspected but I couldn't tell for sure if they were crabs or just part of the corals coloration lol.  Is there a specific concern  you have with them or just trying to get more information?

Northern Reef

Just looking for  information

35 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

ah ok. That's what I suspected but I couldn't tell for sure if they were crabs or just part of the corals coloration lol.  Is there a specific concern  you have with them or just trying to get more information?

Yes they look the same from the same county to but no identification from what I can see

17 minutes ago, TILTON said:

Northern Reef
19 hours ago, TILTON said:

He said they were barnacles in the thread.  Not sure if that’s accurate or not.

Yeah I'm 100% sure  they are filter feeders creabs. I'm sorry but it would take a lot for them to look anything like a barnacle not even sure why some would say that 

They are likely Paguritta, but that is the genus name. Getting a species ID would be extremely difficult. I’d suggest simply calling them what they are. Coral residing hermit crabs. They will eat meaty foods, as well, so filter feeding isn’t their only option. Super cool animals. I only wish I had a system ready to go. I’d buy that in a heartbeat.ive been looking for those, and gall crabs for a looooong time.