ReefCleaners.org

DreC80

2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Get sps he said. It will be fun he said🤔😁😁😁😎😋

Well...crap either goes south and you have no clue why...or it goes south and you know why.  In this case the why is me being an idiot lol.  It's so much more comforting 🤣

• Haha 5

Quick phone pic update - here are some of the corals that I picked up in the trade with Teeny yesterday. 

From left to right:  Katropora,  Pearlberry, Yellow Tips.  I had to pull out a separate frag rack just for these three since they are so chunky.  I also had to hold the Katropora on the frag rack with a rubber band since it is so large/top heavy.

Looking forward to seeing how these guys do in my tank.

20200524_153028.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 2
7 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

Katropora is near bullet proof in my book. (He says while his tank is crashing). 

Lol, that's good to know.  Hopefully your tank will pull through.

• Like 2

Alright everyone, haven't had too many updates lately. 

For those who have been semi keeping up, I installed a third radion a while back did par measurements and still managed to bleach some corals...so I dialed the lights down and have waiting on some of the corals to recover.

About 2 weeks ago I added some chaeto and made a second attempt at starting my fuge.  The chaeto didn't seem to be doing very well, so I bought some chaetogro and started dosing that.  Kept doing some research and decided I should check my phosphates...I don't check po4 that often because it stays fairly consistent. 

Low and behold my hanna checker read 2 ppb which is about .01 ppm...so I double checked and got the same result.  My nitrates are always around 20 or 25 ppm though.  Rather than feed heavier and have no3 also increase, I bought some neophos and just started dosing that.  I'm hoping that increasing the po4 will help the corals recover and get the chaeto going so the algae can lower my no3.

I also noticed that my pH has dropped drastically now that the house is closed up and the AC is on.  It was running around 8.3 during the day and now maxes out about 8.05.  I went ahead and bought a BRS reactor and some two little fishies cdx media to set up a co2 scrubber.  Planning on getting that going this weekend.

A lot of stuff going on, just terrible at journal updates.  Thanks for reading if you stuck around this long.

And a few crappy phone pics.

20200603_184322-01.jpeg

20200603_184426-01.jpeg

20200603_184246-01.jpeg

20200603_184537-01.jpeg

20200603_184418.jpg

20200603_184410.jpg

20200603_184220.jpg

20200602_172113.jpg

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...
Poison Dart Frog
On 3/28/2020 at 9:24 PM, DreC80 said:

Green Anacropora, has to be my fastest growing coral hands down.

20200328_161530.jpg

I know this is an old post, but in case you get this... how much light do you have this under? I have one under about 300 PAR but I read they color up better in lower light like even 100 PAR. Yours looks really nice. Have you had any of the other colored anacroporas? Mine is green like yours, but I saw there are red and yellow varieties as well. The colors are just amazing.

• 5 months later...
29 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Welcome back, tank looks great!  Some serious growth while you went on hiatus. 

Thanks buddy, still loving the hobby.  Was away for a while driving my daughter all over for travel soccer.  Now that it’s getting cold things are slowing down a bit, so I’ll be engaging on here a bit more.  @pokerdobe tank is looking awesome. Glad a large SPS tank got recognized here on NR.  Sounds like you are upgrading soon?

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, DreC80 said:

Thanks buddy, still loving the hobby.  Was away for a while driving my daughter all over for travel soccer.  Now that it’s getting cold things are slowing down a bit, so I’ll be engaging on here a bit more.  @pokerdobe tank is looking awesome. Glad a large SPS tank got recognized here on NR.  Sounds like you are upgrading soon?

We’re moving in to a new home next Tuesday. I bought a Waterbox FRAG 55.2 over the summer. But we ended up kicking our home search into high gear right after it arrived. So now that’ll be the tank for the new house, not much bigger in display volume (going from 30 to 40 gallons), but it’ll be my first sumped system.  Hopefully this one will stick around for a few years to grow out and such. 😅

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

We’re moving in to a new home next Tuesday. I bought a Waterbox FRAG 55.2 over the summer. But we ended up kicking our home search into high gear right after it arrived. So now that’ll be the tank for the new house, not much bigger in display volume (going from 30 to 40 gallons), but it’ll be my first sumped system.  Hopefully this one will stick around for a few years to grow out and such. 😅

Congrats on the new house.  Moving is such a pain though.  I think you’ll enjoy having a sump, so many more options.  Hopefully the transfer goes well....looking forward to seeing it.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...