Pod Your Reef

DreC80

pieceofreef

What percentage do you run the Nero 5 at? I have a lagoon 25g but was worried it would be too much. Curious about your experience. I learned that you can do single digit percentage adjustments which might do the job?

7 hours ago, pieceofreef said:

What percentage do you run the Nero 5 at? I have a lagoon 25g but was worried it would be too much. Curious about your experience. I learned that you can do single digit percentage adjustments which might do the job?

I'm running a max of 40% and minimum of 15% on random mode with a high variance.  It does create a nice wide flow pattern.  So far I'm really liking it.  

• 4 weeks later...

Well everyone, not too much to update.  I finally got rid of my large green pocillopora colony.  It was taking too much space and spreading all over via polyp bailout.  That stuff seems harder to keep in check than aptasia.  On a side note, aptasia x seems to do a great job of killing it if you let it sit on there for a couple of minutes.  Here are a few pics.

20190420_184259.jpg

20190420_184244.jpg

20190420_184236.jpg

20190420_184231.jpg

• Like 3
VaporCountry

Looking awesome, wish I could get pics like you. Yea I had a few aptasia and aptasia X worked for me. I just let it sit there for a few minutes like you said.

10 hours ago, VaporCountry said:

Looking awesome, wish I could get pics like you. Yea I had a few aptasia and aptasia X worked for me. I just let it sit there for a few minutes like you said.

Thanks, I don't feel like my pics are very good, but if you have a galaxy s9 put it in pro mode.  I can share settings if you have the phone.

11 hours ago, DreC80 said:

Well everyone, not too much to update.  I finally got rid of my large green pocillopora colony.  It was taking too much space and spreading all over via polyp bailout.  That stuff seems harder to keep in check than aptasia.  On a side note, aptasia x seems to do a great job of killing it if you let it sit on there for a couple of minutes.  Here are a few pics.

20190420_184259.jpg

20190420_184244.jpg

20190420_184236.jpg

20190420_184231.jpg

The tank looks great. 😊

VaporCountry
4 hours ago, DreC80 said:

Thanks, I don't feel like my pics are very good, but if you have a galaxy s9 put it in pro mode.  I can share settings if you have the phone.

I have an older iPhone. I really need to upgrade though. I hear good things about the galaxy phones taking good reef pics. I may have to look into switching.

6 hours ago, VaporCountry said:

I have an older iPhone. I really need to upgrade though. I hear good things about the galaxy phones taking good reef pics. I may have to look into switching.

I think some folks still get good pics with the older iPhones, may require a separate app though.  This is the first Samsung I've owned...was an iPhone guy since they first came out.  I do have to admit the pro mode on Samsung cameras is pretty awesome.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Well guys, haven't been on in a while.  Summer has been keeping me pretty busy.  Tank is still up and running pretty well...just trying to keep things stable.  Haven't acquired any new corals, don't have the space.  Here are a couple of pics.  Getting good growth, just need a few pieces to color up for me.

20190629_151747.jpg

20190629_151321.jpg

20190629_151326.jpg

20190629_151338.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 9:49 PM, colinadam said:

Amazing tank! Great growth, love the aquascape. 

Thanks, amazing how fast some of these SPS corals can grow

1 minute ago, mitten_reef said:

Looks good, love seeing another 30L full of SPS.  

Thanks man, your tank is always fun to keep up with as well.  The 30Ls are very cool, but I'm not gonna lie...been eyeing an int or ext 100 and they are 10% off on BRS right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Well guys...don't know if anyone is still following this thing...figured I'd update since I haven't posted in a while.  Transferred everything over from the nuvo 30l in August.  Transfer went surprisingly well and I don't think I lost anything.  Here are some pics of the Reefer 425XL and some corals.

20200317_204506.jpg

20200311_193322.jpg

20200311_193310.jpg

• Like 3

Not the best pic, but an ARC fireworks that I picked up from TCK corals.

Red Planet that's finally starting to grow.

Last one is the TCK Pikachu.  

Unfortunately pictures aren't doing them justice.  

20200307_125016.jpg

20200307_124955.jpg

20200307_124810.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

Glad to hear the transfer went well.  Now let’s have more regular updates, need more sps tank updates around here. 😄

For sure, have a little more free time now with the whole teleworking thing.  I need to work on my picture taking skills...much easier to post updates with good pics lol.

• DreC80 changed the title to DreC80's Reefer XL425 - New Pics