ReefCleaners.org

Powerhead for pico?

Finntastic1010

Finntastic1010

Hello, I have a 3.6 gallon reef and would love some powerhead suggestions because I can’t decide what kinda would be best. I do have some waterflow from my box filter but I think I need a little more to keep the algae off the sand things. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Finntastic1010 said:

Hello, I have a 3.6 gallon reef and would love some powerhead suggestions because I can’t decide what kinda would be best. I do have some waterflow from my box filter but I think I need a little more to keep the algae off the sand things. 

I used this in my 2.2 Gallon. 

9EEC1883-FAD9-4E1C-B0A0-39EA4712F2CE.thumb.png.e4196ffe0e3a12f5760e88d9b7fa621d.png

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Finntastic1010 said:

I was looking at that but some of the reviews weren’t the best. What do you think of it? @WV Reefer

I saw a couple videos on youtube using it for their pico/nano tanks in the beginning but they ended up removing it. Their issues were pretty much the same as the ones in the reviews.  

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Finntastic1010 said:

I was looking at that but some of the reviews weren’t the best. What do you think of it? @WV Reefer

Worked great for me. You can adjust the flow and direct the flow exactly where you need it.  

• Like 2

Hear me out on this.... but I had a 3 gallon bow front with an mp10.  Definitely over kill and expensive but if you happen to have one from an old tank, they do work well in small dimensions. 

I was actually able to crank it up a little bit too.  Dont be afraid of flow, just try to find something that isn't too intrusive. 

• Like 2

I used the Hydor as well and never had a issue,I actually had 2 of them. Used 1 of them for a few years. 

I feel like the deflector is going to stick out sooo far and look kinda bad. Care to post a pic of the tank ? 

Finntastic1010
2 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I used the Hydor as well and never had a issue,I actually had 2 of them. Used 1 of them for a few years. 

I feel like the deflector is going to stick out sooo far and look kinda bad. Care to post a pic of the tank ? 

I’d hide it behind the rocks on the far right side

064E1470-7010-4874-B194-84529CB96778.jpeg