ReefCleaners.org

Tank leaking?? Fluval 13.5

ThatReefGuy718

ThatReefGuy718

Ok so I come home today and the carpet all around my fish tank is soaked so i immediately start looking for a leak could not find nothing so i tested my water salinity ane it was low which means my ato kept pumping fresh water in my top of the stand isint wet i broke the tank down doing a leak test now 30 min into it and nothing the bottom of the stand was wet but nothing up top there is no signs of a leak from the tank i am completely clueless right now any ideas???

Did you test salinity of the water in your carpet?  (if 1.000 you know where it came from)

How low was salinity in your tank?  

Maybe the ATO reservoir is leaking?

If nothing around the tank is wet, I'd check the ATO reservoir and also the hose from the reservoir to the tank for any leaks while pumping.

Also, if the tank is low but no leaks or overfilling are evident, check if there was backsiphoning from the tank to the ATO.  This could have added water and then sucked water out when the pump stopped.  If the salinity in your ATO reservoir is higher than 1.000, this may be the case.  If you don't have a siphon breaker installed in the hose, that could also cause this to happen depending on the relative tank levels and the position of the end of the hose.

Beyond that, just guessing so we'd have to get more info or photos on how everything is set up.