Coral Vue Hydros

Light Upgrade for Christmas

Mike P

I decided I’m going to replace the stock lights on my evo. Considering the AI prime HD but I just saw Aqamai has a new model called the LRS coming out. Anyone have any experiences with the LRM? 

Just me, but I would stick with the AI simply because it's well proven and with the mount will run you about $225, the other you mentioned will run $50 more with a mount and honestly on a 13.5 even an AI Prime HD is overkill.  

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Jesterrace said:

Just me, but I would stick with the AI simply because it's well proven and with the mount will run you about $225, the other you mentioned will run $50 more with a mount and honestly on a 13.5 even an AI Prime HD is overkill.  

^ this.

• Like 1

You can program the AI Prime HD to do everything you could want it to and then some.  You can even get them to simulate lightning storms if you want to (I don't recommend it as it freaks out the fish).  I don't have the Prime, but I do have a pair of it's bigger brothers (Hydra 26 HD) over my 90 gallon and they have the exact same built in programming as the Prime and it is very extensive.  I run them on the 18K setting with an hour of ramp up and ramp down.  Oh and I know they have the fancy wifi app, but it's actually much easier to program them with a desktop/laptop via the myai website.  I had connectivity problems with the app and absolutely NONE since switching to the programming via the website. 

• Like 1