Coral Vue Hydros

Waterbox nano media baskets?

Newstead

4 hours ago, Keeper of my nieces Ocean said:

10 next? I want one, was about to make one. 

Yes, things will happen relatively quickly from here forward now that we have our new method figured out.

The Chamber One Media Basket and Filter Floss Holder that is next up will fit the Cube 10, 15 and 20 as well as all the Silver Marine tanks.  See info above for other specific products.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, StevieT said:

Yes, things will happen relatively quickly from here forward now that we have our new method figured out.

The Chamber One Media Basket and Filter Floss Holder that is next up will fit the Cube 10, 15 and 20 as well as all the Silver Marine tanks.  See info above for other specific products.

On a cube 20, if you were only doing 1 basket, would you do the basket for chamber 1 or 2? I was thinking chamber 2 because it’s larger, and putting the heater in chamber 1. What do you think?

3 hours ago, cital said:

On a cube 20, if you were only doing 1 basket, would you do the basket for chamber 1 or 2? I was thinking chamber 2 because it’s larger, and putting the heater in chamber 1. What do you think?

I like catching detritus from the start to keep the rear chambers clean.  But if you want larger media bags then chamber two basket is best as it is wider. 

You can use the filter floss holder in chamber one, then Media Basket in chamber two.  Heater may fit under the floss holder, if not throw it in the pump chamber.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Keeper of my nieces Ocean
On 12/21/2018 at 11:58 PM, StevieT said:

How long till it hits the market you think?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Keeper of my nieces Ocean said:

How long till it hits the market you think?

We do not have an exact time frame to post at this time.  I am pushing everyone involved as best as possible to get these out ASAP during the busy season.  Hopefully later this month but I can't promise anything.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Received the basket for my 20 cube...  So happy!  I hated the Waterbox filter socks...  They clogged easy and were difficult to clean... The media basket makes maintenance so much easier and I am able to change out the floss a lot more often as apposed to the socks...  Thanks Stevie!

• Like 3
On 2/9/2019 at 12:54 AM, cital said:

Received the basket for my 20 cube...  So happy!  I hated the Waterbox filter socks...  They clogged easy and were difficult to clean... The media basket makes maintenance so much easier and I am able to change out the floss a lot more often as apposed to the socks...  Thanks Stevie!

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!  Enjoy

• 3 weeks later...

Can we expect any options for the Waterbox 4g? I can't tell you how many times I've had to fish one of the course sponges out of the back chambers. Damn my normal sized hands!

On 3/5/2019 at 7:20 AM, tgore said:

Can we expect any options for the Waterbox 4g? I can't tell you how many times I've had to fish one of the course sponges out of the back chambers. Damn my normal sized hands!

Likely not.  We brought the 4g in to look at then Waterbox discontinued the aquarium...

Best we to fit is our Filter Floss Holder for the Cube 7.  Just snip the length down and it will work.  Width and height are the same.

https://intankaquatics.com/waterbox-cube-7-filter-floss-holder/

4 hours ago, hotdrop said:

Does the 24X18X18 waterbox need a special size or does the 20 size media and filter floss holder work? 

What is the model name?

4 minutes ago, StevieT said:

What is the model name?

45.2 The marine version. I dont think we can fit a basket in the center due to the overflow but it can take 2 side baskets/filters. Compartment 1 is 80X80 the other one is 70x80 and center is 264x80 but its got the sump plumbing

Just now, hotdrop said:

45.2 The marine version. I dont think we can fit a basket in the center due to the overflow but it can take 2 side baskets/filters. Compartment 1 is 80X80 the other one is 70x80 and center is 264x80 but its got the sump plumbing

We likely will have a basket for the Silver Marine versions down the road, Waterbox was out of stock of the one we want to bring in.

The media basket and floss holder will work, but they will be a bit undersized by width and depth.  Filter floss over the entire top take care of that if you didn't want to wait.  Dimensions are posted on each product page.

Got my chamber 2 basket for the Waterbox 10 - kudos again, StevieT, for a wonderful product! Already see a difference in my two month old tank's clarity and the ease of changing media is a relief. My over 5 year old inTank media basket for my Biocube 29 is still as good as new - love products that not only work but last!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Any fellow reefer with a Waterbox 7? If so, which media basket did you opt for - Chamber 1 or 2? 

Thanks for the inputs in advance.

18 hours ago, Krish87 said:

Any fellow reefer with a Waterbox 7? If so, which media basket did you opt for - Chamber 1 or 2? 

Thanks for the inputs in advance.

I would base this on where if you are wanting to run filter floss and also where your heater fits best. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, tgore said:

I would base this on where if you are wanting to run filter floss and also where your heater fits best. 

@tgore - Cool, thank you so much for that tip! I just went through your WB4 post, pretty helpful 🙂 

I'm have a slightly similar build plan like yours.

• WTAERBOX 7G CUBE 
  • InTank MEDIA BASKET (will wait on this one till I get hands-on the tank)
  • TETRA WATER HEATER (I have an extra so thought of putting it to use, if it fits, great; else I will have to go for a NeoTherm 25W)
  • KORALIA NANO 240 GPH (Again, had it from my previous setup, my current tank is on a Nero 5 - love that thing!)
  • XP AQUA DUETTO ATO
  • CHEMIPURE BLUE NANO
  • A SMALL BAG OF PHOSGUARD IF NECESSARY
  • FILTER FLOSS

Will be starting a new build post once I have everything up and running.

9 minutes ago, Krish87 said:

@tgore - Cool, thank you so much for that tip! I just went through your WB4 post, pretty helpful 🙂 

I'm have a slightly similar build plan like yours.

• WTAERBOX 7G CUBE 
  • InTank MEDIA BASKET (will wait on this one till I get hands-on the tank)
  • TETRA WATER HEATER (I have an extra so thought of putting it to use, if it fits, great; else I will have to go for a NeoTherm 25W)
  • KORALIA NANO 240 GPH (Again, had it from my previous setup, my current tank is on a Nero 5 - love that thing!)
  • XP AQUA DUETTO AIO
  • CHEMIPURE BLUE NANO
  • A SMALL BAG OF PHOSGUARD IF NECESSARY
  • FILTER FLOSS

Will be starting a new build post once I have everything up and running.

Sounds like a solid plan! Is there any particular reason that you are going for the XP Aqua Duetto AIO? I am running the XP Aqua Duetto and it fits perfectly in the return section. I would have incorporated an Intank Media basket as well if it was offered, guess I'll just have to get a 7g or 10g so I can :D. I may have to try a small amount of phosguard in my 4g to battle some of the GHA that has been plaguing my tank.

• Like 1