Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Waterbox nano media baskets?

Newstead

21 hours ago, Newstead said:

Stevie, any news on the Waterbox media baskets? We have a Waterbox 10 coming in, and can't imagine running a nano tank without an InTank basket! 🤞

They are on the lonnnnggggg production list but I am pushing everyone for January.  They will be jumped up after we get the 7 line done as we have been using those as a test for our new manufacturing method. 

If you have not send us an email and we will let you know when ready. 

2018-12-18_08-10-02

• Like 2
3 hours ago, StevieT said:

They are on the lonnnnggggg production list but I am pushing everyone for January.  They will be jumped up after we get the 7 line done as we have been using those as a test for our new manufacturing method. 

If you have not send us an email and we will let you know when ready. 

2018-12-18_08-10-02

Will you be making one for the WB 20 AIO Cube?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, cital said:

Will you be making one for the WB 20 AIO Cube?

Yes.

The 10/15/20/28.2/30.2/40.2/50.3 will all have the same intake chamber Media Basket and Filter Floss holder

We will have individual chamber two Media Basket/view blocker for chamber two for the 10/15/20 very soon.  We will work on the larger tanks as they come in.

Same with filtration covers.

Waterbox sure does like to make a lot of models....  We are already thoroughly confused

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, d'Espresso said:

Need one for the 7g WB too

Make sure to send us an email from our site to be added to the list with that tank model.  The 7 gallon baskets are already cut, should be done soon.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Rory282 said:

if he is making one for the 20 i'm pulling the trigger to buy one!

It will be the same chamber one Media Basket as the 10 gallon and as listed above.

We will also have a Filter Floss holder, chamber two Media Basket and Filtration Cover

• Like 1
1 hour ago, StevieT said:

We will have individual chamber two Media Basket/view blocker for chamber two for the 10/15/20 very soon.

What's a "View blocker"? 

10 hours ago, d'Espresso said:

Need one for the 7g WB too

So the two Media Basket options got done early.  They may be ready on the site late this week if I can get pictures and labels done.  If not next week.

Cover and floss holder will follow.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, shaner014 said:

What's a "View blocker"? 

The chamber two media basket is able to have all of it's 3 shelves removed.  Because Waterbox uses a smoked glass for their false wall, someone can use that basket to hide equipment in chamber two from view of the display. 

So say if you put a skimmer in chamber two, you can use the shell of our basket completely mask it from view since the basket is solid black. 🙂   No need to see a piece of equipment when viewing the tank from the front.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, StevieT said:

We will work on a better term than "view blocker" but here is what I mean

20181219-143246.jpg?t=1545251686&_ga=2.2

20181219-143221.jpg?t=1545251684&_ga=2.2

20181219-143326.jpg?t=1545251691&_ga=2.2

20181219-143310.jpg?t=1545251688&_ga=2.2

Wouldn't it help if you blacked out the rear glass panel? 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Rory282 said:

Wouldn't it help if you blacked out the rear glass panel? 

We remove the vinyl so it is more apparent in that photo.  But even with it on it's still something that owners of this tank bring up as an issue.

9 hours ago, StevieT said:

So the two Media Basket options got done early.  They may be ready on the site late this week if I can get pictures and labels done.  If not next week.

Cover and floss holder will follow.

This is awesome, you’re awesome, product will be awesome! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, StevieT said:

We remove the vinyl so it is more apparent in that photo.  But even with it on it's still something that owners of this tank bring up as an issue.

Hahaha ok! Never saw a waterbox in person before. 20 would be perfect for media basket 1 filter floss and chemi pure, media basket 2 tunze 9001. Looking forward for the final result. 

8 hours ago, Rory282 said:

Hahaha ok! Never saw a waterbox in person before. 20 would be perfect for media basket 1 filter floss and chemi pure, media basket 2 tunze 9001. Looking forward for the final result. 

Gotcha.   These tanks all come with vinyl on the back so the customer does not see the silicone and they look more finished.  We remove it instantly so we can work on upgrades 🙂

With overhead lighting this smoked glass still allows view, the last thing you want to see when looking at your reef is the outline of a Tunze 9001 or a media bag.  It's a dumb design on their part but I think they wanted them to be all glass and I don't know if you can get full black glass, and if so it's probably really expensive.  Smoked glass is much more common.  Using acrylic as a false wall presents it's own challenges.

Your setup sounds exactly as I would recommend, so you're on the right path.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, StevieT said:

It's a dumb design on their part

Agreed, and not mentioned anywhere when purchasing. I was a bit surprised when I found this out. In practice, the issue hasn't been as noticeable as I would have thought, though it will annoy the OCD of us. Adding your black out box won't currently work for the skimmer I'm trying to run though as I already have less than a MM of clearance, so yes.... challenges everywhere! GSP back wall for the win....

52 minutes ago, shaner014 said:

Agreed, and not mentioned anywhere when purchasing. I was a bit surprised when I found this out. In practice, the issue hasn't been as noticeable as I would have thought, though it will annoy the OCD of us. Adding your black out box won't currently work for the skimmer I'm trying to run though as I already have less than a MM of clearance, so yes.... challenges everywhere! GSP back wall for the win....

What skimmer and what model Waterbox do you have?  That is a very tight clearance.

The ABS we are using is about 2.4mm thick.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, StevieT said:

What skimmer and what model Waterbox do you have?  That is a very tight clearance.

The ABS we are using is about 2.4mm thick.

CadLights PLS-50 Elite V2 on a WaterBox 20. In my findings so far, the glass also slighty tilts from top to bottom as it was siliconed in on about a 0.2mm tilt.  I don't know if thats a standard acceptable tolerance? To better expplain, the opening at the top of my tank is about 81mm, and the bottom of the same chamber is only about 80.7mm. Hard to measure down there exactly.

Since those posts, I am second guessing the actual function vs fit. It does slide down in enough to hit the needed water level, but adjust-ability is somewhat inhibited by the chamber narrowing. I'm gonna have to wait until my cycle finishes and I can break the skimmer in to see if it will work long-term.

6 minutes ago, shaner014 said:

CadLights PLS-50 Elite V2 on a WaterBox 20. In my findings so far, the glass also slighty tilts from top to bottom as it was siliconed in on about a 0.2mm tilt.  I don't know if thats a standard acceptable tolerance? To better expplain, the opening at the top of my tank is about 81mm, and the bottom of the same chamber is only about 80.7mm. Hard to measure down there exactly.

They are all hand built so that is normal, and pretty good to only be off that little, not to mention the differences in silicone thickness.  We see so much shit from other manufactures over the years and leave slight silicone and idiot tolerances into the products.

The chamber two probably won't work in your case but we had the Tunze 9001 in mind when removing all of the shelves.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, StevieT said:

They are all hand built so that is normal, and pretty good to only be off that little, not to mention the differences in silicone thickness.  We see so much shit from other manufactures over the years and leave slight silicone and idiot tolerances into the products.

The chamber two probably won't work in your case but we had the Tunze 9001 in mind when removing all of the shelves.

StevieT, if you have a picture with the 9001 mounted in the back chamber please share. 

12 minutes ago, Rory282 said:

StevieT, if you have a picture with the 9001 mounted in the back chamber please share. 

The 10,15 and 20 are at our manufacturing facility so I don't have anything at the moment.