Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hello nano reef

GoldeneyeRet

I just signed up and wanted to say hi. I have had a reef tank since about 1993.  I'm still trying to figure how to navigate the site, I have a small phone, big hands and tired eyes so forgive any faux paus I may commit!

So far this looks like a great community!

• Like 3

I was drawn to the blue florescent lights like a moth to a flame...they looked so cool lighting up the fish.

I remember my first livestock additions, a pair of ocellaris. I had them until sometime around 2010.  After the clownfish came a series of regretable purchases that I killed... coral beauty, thread fin butterfly and inverts such as flame scallops and feather dusters. Compatability? Never heard of it.

In those days information was very hard to get.  I had a few books that got me going, but when it came to livestock it was just a guessing game.

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
19 minutes ago, GoldeneyeRet said:

I was drawn to the blue florescent lights like a moth to a flame...they looked so cool lighting up the fish.

Haha, I know what you mean! The blue glow hooks most people, it must be in our DNA 😄 

We sure have come a long way in our understanding of the nuanced needs of fish and inverts, it's nice not to feel so uncertain anymore. Understanding is just an online search away now!

• Like 1