Cultivated Reef

Hello, Nano-Reef.com!

wuzzo

Hello NanoReef!  I've been in the hobby for 4 months now and wanted to go on a forum besides Reef2Reef.  I hope everybody is nice here!  I have a Fluval Evo 13.5.  Let me give you a stock list.

Fish:

Firefish

Ocellaris Clown

Coral:

Tyree Toxic Green Monti

GTO Bird's Nest

JF Halloween Chalice

Hollywood Stunner

Blue Ricordea

Unidentified Zoa (Looks like an alien eye but not sure)

Forest Fire Shroom

JF Burning Bananas (I forgot is it a stylo or lepto?)

Rastas

Whammin' Watermelons/Pandoras

Orange Crush Acanthastrea Echinata

Scrambled Eggs Zoas

Red People Eaters (I'm highly sure)

Candy Apple Red

Bicolor Hammer

Inverse Frogspawn

Forest Fire Shroom

Inverts:

3 Astrea Snails

1 Zebra Turbo Snail

5-6 Mixed Legged Hermit Crabs

On Sunday I will get a Yellow Watchman/ Tiger Pistol Shrimp pair, (they are each like an inch maybe not even.)

The Corals Color aren't the best, one day I wish to upgrade to maybe a Kessil a80 or somethin'.  I'm still new and trying to get the tank looking nice so if I show any pics don't judge me please.  (I'm not saying it's bad looking.)

Anyways... Good Luck to me on this site!  Also, happy early holidays!

• Like 3

Welcome to nano! Bananas is a style I believe. You have a lot of awesome corals for it only being 4 months old! I would definitely love to see some pictures pictures. Are you seeing sps growth with the stock lights? I really want to get a 13.5 for a frag tank and was skeptical about the lighting.

With the Bird's Nest, you could call it a "rescue".  It was dying in my bros tank and ever since we put it at the top of my tank it has been recovering.  So far the Monti I have is doing great, haven't seen much growth though.  Also on sunday I may see if I can get some Psammacora to test if they will survive on those lights.  If you want Acros in it I would be skeptical to.  I want to maybe get a easier lower light acro to test it.  Sometimes people have success but I'm not sure.

Welcome to Nano.

Everyone here is great. Lots of great help and advice given.

The colours of your corals won't have much "pop" because the light is a 50/50. More blue to white gives you pop. Very heavy blue, violets, uv.

Keep an eye on the Hollywood stunner, those suckers have long sweepers. Mine killed 2 corals in 2 nights. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2019 at 6:57 PM, leighla said:

I love my shrimp/goby pair. I love the snaps and pops of a busy little shrimp and the flurry of sand he makes!

Yeah it was funny, until it killed an RFA and all 8 of my mushrooms!  I somehow caught both and got rid of em.  

• Wow 1