Top Shelf Aquatics

•The ‘Box - October 2020 Featured Reef

shaner014

On 2/27/2019 at 7:39 PM, Reefkid88 said:

I have positive things to say on the occasion. I do not say this often,but this tank will be TOTM within the year if it stays running. 

Well that would be the ultimate honor! I'm not gonna hold my breath on that though. Remind me in a year to revisit that notion! 🙂

• Like 2

Well my male clown started taking a liking to the Todds torch. If he starts to bother the torch, I’ll pull him. That torch is my grail coral. Sorry bud.

AC962536-EF38-402C-9538-A96DC6EE23D8.thumb.jpeg.a1619b7872cf10103c1910fb3f931ac7.jpeg

F723D4D0-ADB3-45BF-8087-BF5820535812.thumb.jpeg.e9d2556145dc52c1a75a8084e0ab1bfe.jpeg

Here is more of a daylight look for once! Loving the nanobox like no other before it. 10/10. 

C5894AF7-75B7-4FBF-85C0-5D4FEA326080.thumb.jpeg.e913a490b1ba17ff98a15e7881534124.jpeg

Got some GSP free from a buddy. The pile of it in the right corner is frags that are slowly starting to open. The reflection on the back left is a larger mat of it... contemplating a GSP back wall. Haven’t decided. May just keep a little island of it up front left, and kept it pruned. 

Also, started Aquavitro Fuel yesterday as I have a few coral in there now and the algae is 97% gone. I dosed 2ml and plan to do that on Saturdays and Tuesdays. Have been doing WC’s on Fridays. I may set this up on one of those new single head WiFi/Bluetooth Dosers. 

Anyways. That’s whats new this week! Cheers! 

• Like 2
skyscraper2290

Everything is looking amazing! I would pull the clown too if it was bothering my torch. What else do you have planned stocking wise?

6 minutes ago, skyscraper2290 said:

Everything is looking amazing! I would pull the clown too if it was bothering my torch. What else do you have planned stocking wise?

Thanks! Yea we’ll see what happens over time.

I’m hoping to add 2-3 more hammer variants. A branching orange, maybe a traditional green with purple tips, and the all purple kinda translucent one.

I’d like 2-3 more showcase acans (are we calling these lords now?), up on the ledge with the others. 

The smaller torch probably won’t stay unless it decides to color up more, and will be replaced by a true Dragon soul torch, and I want a lemon lime torch up there too. I have a lead on these local so should be doable. The digi will have to be pulled as the torches take over that area. 

Oh and maybe a few more ric’s with the other one. I always wanted a ric garden.

Not that all of this isn’t subject to change haha, just my current line of thought. 

skyscraper2290

Glad to see that you are going heavy in euphyllia for the tank, definitely some of my favorites. Can’t wait to continue seeing the tank grow!

• Like 1

Can’t stop buying zoas...

Yodas, Rainbow Incinerators, and Blondies added.

Also got a Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish. 

Here she is with her top off.

F113C12B-6B98-46DC-9D04-D8AD22D89C8A.thumb.jpeg.309cef74048d78cd3fbf383ac1ab7f6f.jpeg

• Like 6
21 hours ago, 748S911 said:

awesome tank, really clean. corals are amazing!

Thanks! It's so rewarding getting the detritus up with bare bottom. Loving the ability to see all the junk!

18 hours ago, TILTON said:

Tanks looking good man!

Thank you! Owe you an extra nod for the deal on the light. Thanks Sir!

• Like 1
On 3/12/2019 at 11:51 AM, Tigahboy said:

Very nice, clean tank!  Love the scape.  

Thanks! I was hoping for a bit more “minimal” when I started constructing it, but hopefully once this is all grown over it has a nice fullness to it! 

2 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Pics or it didn't happen 🧐 

Will snap a couple tonight! 

3 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Man things are filling in nicely. Do you know how much par your Acan's are getting ? 

Thanks!

Not a clue, and it kinda feels good. I put my faith in @DaveFason this time around. Set his LPS+ preset and never looked back. My Duo has the whites and mints on the same channel and I believe the preset has those peaking at about 20% for 2-3 hours. It’s a mostly blue spectrum, and clearly working. I also made sure to keep the light within his 3-8” off the water suggestion. I think I’m at about 6” from water surface. 

I may cut the photoperiod by an hour or so as I’m getting some algae again since starting dosing fuel. I’m gonna let it ride a couple more weeks first to see if it self-regulates. 

• Like 2

That is awesome,they are clearly enjoying it. I couldn't get mine to stay rainbowy under high light. The lower light they got the better they looked. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Sweet Jeebus.  That green torch is really epic.  Great set of recent FTS's!

Thank you! This torch has lineage back to a kid named Todd who went to school here in Western New York (I believe he's a Dentist now! Some 15 years-ish later). It's known simply as "Todd's Torch" and will forever be a fan favorite around these parts. It's just as bright as it looks, and has extension like no other strains. Now, if my clowns would stay out of mine, I might have some of that epic extension. :closedeyes:

1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

That is awesome,they are clearly enjoying it. I couldn't get mine to stay rainbowy under high light. The lower light they got the better they looked. 

I'm just happy mine are all inflating and happy for now. Tank is too new to worry too much about coloration. My Orangeaid acans are developing yellow splashes on them. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing haha. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, NanoRox said:

when that hotel palythoa fills in I would love a good pic of it and feature you on my IG and website ads!!!

Absolutely. I have yet to dust off the DSLR, but I will gladly provide you with multiple shots and the RAW files and Edits. Your product is outstanding. 

• Like 1