SaltCritters.com

Nanobox shading

senne766

Thanks for the options. The cheapest option to try out was just getting a 24watt Sunblaster t5 unit so I just ordered one to try out. I will mount it at the front of the  tank so it twill be a little bit larger than the tank but I've seen that before so I don't think it will be that bad.

I am going for a coral plus or blue plus ATI bulb.

If the T5 fixture isn't to heavy I might try to attach it to the Nanobox unit otherwise I have to fabricate something else.

On 1/19/2019 at 10:51 AM, senne76 said:

Thanks for the options. The cheapest option to try out was just getting a 24watt Sunblaster t5 unit so I just ordered one to try out. I will mount it at the front of the  tank so it twill be a little bit larger than the tank but I've seen that before so I don't think it will be that bad.

I am going for a coral plus or blue plus ATI bulb.

If the T5 fixture isn't to heavy I might try to attach it to the Nanobox unit otherwise I have to fabricate something else.

Depending on how you mount the ballast ( not sure if it is internal or external ) you can run two aluminum bars on top of the unit and attach to the T5's. Just a thought. 

On 1/3/2019 at 9:00 AM, DaveFason said:

Tank looks great. All lighting will create some shadowing, it is just part of it. The SPS really look nice and I would just leave it be. The other corals in the tank look a little pale from to much light. 

-Dave

This. 

Just let everything be and you will be happy. I don't see anything wrong with your lighting the way it is.