ReefCleaners.org

If_Only

So long story short, my budget has reduced a bit for money I can spend on the equipment (Bought a $400 freshwater pufferfish because it became available earlier than I though), and my budget is now $800 dollars (I have a SET amount of money dedicates towards fish) and I was think about getting a biocube 32, but I figured that theres no budget reason to purchase it over like a nuvo fusion if im just gonna upgrade the light right away, so I'm pretty much wondering how is the bio cube 32 light, really. Can it grow easier corals like some Softies and LPS, or will it keep them alive but not see tons of growth, or will it not even be enough to support them. Thoughts? Any cheaper AIO options out there? Any story or experiences much appreciated.

1 hour ago, If_Only said:

Alright, do you know if a lot of people have had good experiences in terms of growth with the light?

It's hard to say because growth isn't just part of lighting. Many factors come into play with coral health and growth.

Lps and softies don't need high light. Most are low to moderate light corals.

High light can be as detrimental to health as low light to some corals.

I ran a biocube 29 and swapped the hood out with the new led hood from the 32.  I had zoanthids, acans, a frogspawn, several monti caps and a cup coral in there.  Softies and LPS are no problem under these lights.  Monti caps (SPS) in the right spot will grow okay too.  I had this setup running for a total of 3.5 years; over 2 years with the led hood.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Poodges said:

I ran a biocube 29 and swapped the hood out with the new led hood from the 32.  I had zoanthids, acans, a frogspawn, several monti caps and a cup coral in there.  Softies and LPS are no problem under these lights.  Monti caps (SPS) in the right spot will grow okay too.  I had this setup running for a total of 3.5 years; over 2 years with the led hood.

Alright, I just found out my LFS is doing a big sale on Red Sea tanks, so if a Red Sea max 170 or max nano is super cheap then I will have to swoop, but if not I might try a biocube 32 with just some clowns a clown goby and a neon goby.