Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Another minicompletetank

hayseed777

I ordered on the 9th of December, after seeing a couple on here. Just got an update this morning, it's awaiting shipment at this time.

Idk why, but I got all excited about this thing. I made a cardboard mock-up in the listed dimensions of the tank - then it really sank in just how pico it is. I've been messing around with dry rubble and an epoxy stick trying to come up with a scape I like.

As far as livestock plans, I'm thinking lots of zoas, maybe a mini nem, and maybe a small patch of GSP away from the main rockwork. Idk about anything mobile, a few sexy shrimp would probably look cool, but I don't think there's even enough room for them.

Another thing that has me stumped: what the hell is my CUC going to consist of? A hermit would look like Godzilla in this thing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
34 minutes ago, hayseed777 said:

I ordered on the 9th of December, after seeing a couple on here. Just got an update this morning, it's awaiting shipment at this time.

Idk why, but I got all excited about this thing. I made a cardboard mock-up in the listed dimensions of the tank - then it really sank in just how pico it is. I've been messing around with dry rubble and an epoxy stick trying to come up with a scape I like.

As far as livestock plans, I'm thinking lots of zoas, maybe a mini nem, and maybe a small patch of GSP away from the main rockwork. Idk about anything mobile, a few sexy shrimp would probably look cool, but I don't think there's even enough room for them.

Another thing that has me stumped: what the hell is my CUC going to consist of? A hermit would look like Godzilla in this thing.

Yay!!! Another mini! 😀

• Like 1
HookedOnAquariums

If you really want a cuc I would go with dwarf Cerriths. I wish I had the cash to make one of these. My mom would love it. Guess I’ll just live through all you guys.

• Like 2

Awesome, more people to learn from!

FYI the heater they included didn't work well for me so i got the one @jbb_00 suggested. I have a Inkbird controller for it though because I saw that the 5w did heat the micro tank past 78F during the day.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Arquisto said:

Awesome, more people to learn from!

FYI the heater they included didn't work well for me so i got the one @jbb_00 suggested. I have a Inkbird controller for it though because I saw that the 5w did heat the micro tank past 78F during the day.

I also keep my house 68-70* so not sure how warm the tank would get if you keep a warmer room temp

Any ideas about a tiny fuge light for this thing? I imagine it would have to be tiny, like a single mini led Christmas light to work around heat transfer issues. All the commercial led fuge lights are way too big.

Christopher Marks
2 hours ago, hayseed777 said:

Any ideas about a tiny fuge light for this thing? I imagine it would have to be tiny, like a single mini led Christmas light to work around heat transfer issues. All the commercial led fuge lights are way too big.

I wonder if you could use some of those flexible LED light strips that some people use on algae reactors? I've seen LED strips that can be cut to shorten them and remove diodes, maybe you can find some that are waterproof for outdoor use?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

I wonder if you could use some of those flexible LED light strips that some people use on algae reactors? I've seen LED strips that can be cut to shorten them and remove diodes, maybe you can find some that are waterproof for outdoor use?

Back to hunting I go. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 2

Re your cuc - several years ago someone on this list sold mini conchs. I bought several and they were wonderful little grazers. Maybe 1/3 inch long. Wish I could find some again - lost all of mine in a move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It arrived!

Unfortunately, there's no connection for the pump to the main tank. Was one supposed to be included? If not, what are my fellow Mini Tankers using?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, hayseed777 said:

It arrived!

Unfortunately, there's no connection for the pump to the main tank. Was one supposed to be included? If not, what are my fellow Mini Tankers using?

That’s how it comes. I used airline tubing and an airline elbow to run it up and out.  

Edit:  I forgot about that piece ⬇️

• Sad 1
11 minutes ago, hayseed777 said:

It arrived!

If you are talking electrical connection, I just used an old cell phone wall plug 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NuisanceAlgaeCultivator said:

It took 21 days to arrive?? Aw man I ordered one on the 26th. 

I’m so impatient... 😔

Your's will probably arrive sooner. Holiday shipping n' all.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, hayseed777 said:

Um, yeah...so in my haste to set it up, I discounted the pump connections as tiny tubes of super glue or something. Thanks for the help. 

20181228_133921.jpg

20181228_133932.jpg

That’s what I thought they were too! 😂

looks good. 

I officially have an issue. Just ordered a white one. Got a whole yin yang thing planned. Maybe the wife will believe it was a free bonus tank?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright, the black power cord for the pump on my white Mini is killing me. Seriously, my eye is twitching every time I look at it. 

Any ideas on how to make it white - short of spray painting it? I'm not above spray painting it, I just don't think it would hold up well.