Christopher Marks

2 Gallon Pico Reef Jar - Snail Kingdom 🐌

Christopher Marks
On 4/18/2019 at 8:23 AM, seabass said:

When I had aiptasia, I used multiple peppermint shrimp, then gave them away afterwards.  It's worth asking your LFS if they are willing to sell you a couple of shrimp and later return them for some store credit.  If not, see if they are at least willing to take them back for free.

I think this will be my approach, I'll ask next time I go in! Hopefully the shrimp are not too difficult to catch and remove haha. I wonder if I still have my old fish net packed away somewhere? 🤔

• Like 1

This guy is extra salty

The more I look at this jar the more I want to put it on an automated Lazy Susan.

🤤

is the lid just resting on the rim (so it could spin?)or is it screwed down? 

• Wow 1

Christopher Marks
10 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

The more I look at this jar the more I want to put it on an automated Lazy Susan.

🤤

is the lid just resting on the rim (so it could spin?)or is it screwed down? 

I really do lament that I cannot see the backside of the jar, I recently thought about scooting it forward on the cabinet a little more. The TV beside it has a swivel base, so I push it out of the way to take a peek around the backside on the right. The lid light probably has enough wiggle room to 'swivel' with assistance, but I have the power cord bundled with the heater, air line, and temp probe lines, they wouldn't move as easily. All that being said... a lazy susan could still be worthwhile, it wouldn't need to swivel 360 or even 180 degrees, just 45 or so in either direction. Hmm... 🤔

• Like 2

This guy is extra salty
21 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

I really do lament that I cannot see the backside of the jar, I recently thought about scooting it forward on the cabinet a little more. The TV beside it has a swivel base, so I push it out of the way to take a peek around the backside on the right. The lid light probably has enough wiggle room to 'swivel' with assistance, but I have the power cord bundled with the heater, air line, and temp probe lines, they wouldn't move as easily. All that being said... a lazy susan could still be worthwhile, it wouldn't need to swivel 360 or even 180 degrees, just 45 or so in either direction. Hmm... 🤔

Maybe a “fixed” anchor point to hold the cords in place? Like to a wall or something. So if said jar does spin the lid will stay in place but the rest will merry-go-round.

I was thinking like one of the Jewelry lazy Susan’s that spin by themselves really slow... 

• Like 2

fishfreak0114

When you commented on my thread I was like “OMG CM really has a tank!” 😱 I’ve wondered for years.  

I love this jar!  The lid/light is super sleek. As for stocking, I definitely think you could fit a Pom Pom and porcelain. And probably a shrimp or two too...maybe I’m getting carried away 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Coinee

I think you owe us an update post 😉

• Like 3

ajkochev
35 minutes ago, Coinee said:

I think you owe us an update post 😉

+1

• Like 2