Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

WWC - Coral Club Review

Poodges

I wanted to share my first experience ordering corals online by writing a quick review.  One of the vendors on this forum, World Wide Corals, is advertising a coral club where they ask you some questions and then send you up to 5 corals that match your criteria each month.  I received my first package today and I'm very happy with the contents.  It was packed in a very substantial styro box with each coral individually wrapped.  I marked that I was intermediate in skill level and preferred zoanthids, soft coral and lps.  Pics below are what they sent: 2 zoanthid frags, a pipe organ, acan and favia.  I was hoping for some cool zoas and at least one acan so they hit the nail on the head.  I've also been looking for something with some movement to it so the pipe organ was a nice surprise too.

I feel as though this is a good deal at less than $20/frag (just a little over $17/frag to be more precise with the discount) including shipping and tax (I'm a FL resident).  The frags are about what I expected in size, zoanthids are 3+ polyps and the others fill up or even hang over the frag plugs. The colors are very nice too; certainly not basic stuff you see everywhere.  I'm guessing these would have been $20-$50 frags at my LFS so the value is definitely there.  There's some cool bonus items too.  

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase.  It arrived quickly and was well packed.  The frags are a great deal and the bonus items are useful.  I look forward to seeing what comes next month!

73825257_wwcshipment1a.thumb.jpg.c8038fa39d50bb05ef5f4caf0b042cac.jpg

265347101_wwcshipment1b.thumb.jpg.48229d5b8980121feed6116910d2a567.jpg

2120644610_wwcshipment1c.thumb.jpg.6aee32d592805334668e80c2fb5c8d09.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I just found out about this club and I've been wavering on if it's for me or not.  Think you could just ask for one type of coral each month, or tell them you're getting too heavy on a particular coral and then they'll ease off and start sending you another? For example - you're getting too many acans....can you ask not to receive them? 

Perhaps they will chime in?  To me, part of the fun is the surprise.  They want to know your preferences up front so I assume they are open to feedback.  For me, I like the variety so far but I would be disappointed if I got gsp or Xenia.  I would ask them not to send something like that again.  

Taco, yes you can ask not to receive something specific or update your preferences based on it.

Poodges, I appreciate the feedback for other members to work from. I think it’s a brilliant concept but $130 (cheap membership and shipping) is not worth it for me to gamble with the corals. You could get lucky every time but changes are you might get something and not be satisfied - do they have a policy for that?

You got a good deal, cause those corals are sweet!

Thanks.  I think they’re pretty sweet too.  Not sure where you are pulling $130 from?  I did the 3 month package which includes free shipping.  With the 20% discount, it’s $85.14 per month for 3 months all in.  

Sorry, disregarded the discount code and the multi month commitment.

You would be looking at $125 for single month ($100 membership and 25 ship) as free shipping is only on $200+ orders now.

You got a solid deal though!

Edit; they changed shipping to $25 again.