Top Shelf Aquatics

Official Mini Complete Tank Club

smiz

I don't think they are sending the overflow peices ect. It would need some DIY and have to be topless. I didn't even get that far to trying the overflow...couldn't get it together and gave up. I suppose I should check and make sure it's all there and that the pump works.

2 hours ago, Friendly said:

so they're sending a whole new unit in essence.

let's hope they don't ask for the original back...perhaps with some mods or a simple custom sump, it can be used!!!

• Like 1

yeah, you could probably glue/silicon some simple acrylic plugs for the overflow and then use just the tank itself.

or, if you're really into DiY, make some fancy wooden enclosure lined with acrylic for a proper sump that you can mount it on. mebe even make a matching wood top so it becomes an ultra pico that imitates some of those large fancy tanks with base and hood.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

What are everyone's maintenance routines looking like so far? 

Every Sunday I do 100% water change and clean the walls of the tank with a q-tip . 

Anyone doing anything different ? 

Most recent FTS - 2/23/19

IMG_1487.thumb.JPG.3f6a41be6e4570b6a0e79efe75714c48.JPG.5b9a87aeb993c9a331fb65e415bcf619.JPG

• Like 8
  • Wow 3
7 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Every Sunday I do 100% water change and clean the walls of the tank with a q-tip . 

IMG_1487.thumb.JPG.3f6a41be6e4570b6a0e79efe75714c48.JPG.5b9a87aeb993c9a331fb65e415bcf619.JPG

Same here. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Almost time to frag that monti lol 

• Haha 2
On 2/23/2019 at 2:24 PM, jbb_00 said:

This has to be the "craziest", dare I say "functional" (?) contraption I've ever seen! Zoa's look like lord colonies in this thing. lol 

Looks like the craze has hit "nano-reef".

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, KISReef said:

This has to be the "craziest", dare I say "functional" (?) contraption I've ever seen! Zoa's look like lord colonies in this thing. lol 

Looks like the craze has hit "nano-reef".

3 minutes ago, waldoz said:

Let you guys iron out the kinks. I might give it a try  after the new salt water shop opens 😎 in my area

To be honest it has been super easy to take care of.  I kind of regret adding the ato system as it doesn't lose enough water in a weeks time to engage the float switch. The 100% weekly changes are working great . 

• Like 2
Just now, jbb_00 said:

To be honest it has been super easy to take care of.  I kind of regret adding the ato system as it doesn't lose enough water in a weeks time to engage the float switch. The 100% weekly changes are working great . 

I agree.  So simple.  

The hardest thing was finding stuff small enough to fit. 

42 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I agree.  So simple.  

The hardest thing was finding stuff small enough to fit. 

Can you imagine a "mini" Kessil on this thing? Kessil are you listening??? 

How about a "mini me" MP-10 or Automatic doser? The possibilities are endless. I'll tell you one thing, it's not going to cost you a fortune to stock this thing. Strike that, knowing this crowd someone might put a Home-Wrecker or Walt Disney in this thing. lol 

• Haha 1

I'm thinking of taking the plunge on one of these (well, not really a plunge, more like dipping a toe in).

My main question about this tank is the light. Outside of the official site, all the listings I can find on this tank are for the white light rather than the blue one. Are most of you using the blue light or the white one? And either way, do you think this a decent light for its intended purpose (growing easy corals in less than a gallon)?

• Like 1
On 3/5/2019 at 11:35 PM, DPRoberts said:

I'm thinking of taking the plunge on one of these (well, not really a plunge, more like dipping a toe in).

My main question about this tank is the light. Outside of the official site, all the listings I can find on this tank are for the white light rather than the blue one. Are most of you using the blue light or the white one? And either way, do you think this a decent light for its intended purpose (growing easy corals in less than a gallon)?

They offer a blue light version for $10 more. I am using a nanobox tide on mine. It is stupid overkill I know but it was just sitting here so why not

On 3/1/2019 at 11:31 PM, KISReef said:

Can you imagine a "mini" Kessil on this thing? Kessil are you listening??? 

How about a "mini me" MP-10 or Automatic doser? The possibilities are endless. I'll tell you one thing, it's not going to cost you a fortune to stock this thing. Strike that, knowing this crowd someone might put a Home-Wrecker or Walt Disney in this thing. lol 

Mine hardly has anything in it and I'm $140 in. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/6/2019 at 12:35 AM, DPRoberts said:

I have the blue light and it leaves much to be desired. 

2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I have the blue light and it leaves much to be desired. 

Come over to the ridiculous overkill side , we're only sorta not all there.  🥴🥀

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Come over to the ridiculous overkill side , we're only sorta not all there.  🥴🥀

I had to use my basic bitch nanobox on my crab pico. 🙁 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Just put it next to a big tank that spills light and go topless. 

It would probably catch better rays! 😄

7 hours ago, jbb_00 said:

They offer a blue light version for $10 more. I am using a nanobox tide on mine. It is stupid overkill I know but it was just sitting here so why not

Mine hardly has anything in it and I'm $140 in. 🤣

Whoever said this hobby isn't cheap, knew what they were talking about. So much for the theory of $47 a gallon (that's thrown out the window with this thread) . New standards are being set here at NR.com (so exciting). You should be at a 6 gallon build with the $$$ you invested "so far". omgomgomg:eek:  That book is about to be rewritten here. 

This could go down as the smallest/most expensive build in history. :scarry:

I know, i'll be staying turned for this one! I need to know how this all turns out in the end. :bling: . 

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, KISReef said:

Whoever said this hobby isn't cheap, knew what they were talking about. So much for the theory of $47 a gallon (that's thrown out the window with this thread) . New standards are being set here at NR.com (so exciting). You should be at a 6 gallon build with the $$$ you invested "so far". omgomgomg:eek:  That book is about to be rewritten here. 

This could go down as the smallest/most expensive build in history. :scarry:

I know, i'll be staying turned for this one! I need to know how this all turns out in the end. :bling: . 

Exactly how you see it in my last FTS I'm in for  $380 so far 😭

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
7 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I had to use my basic bitch nanobox on my crab pico. 🙁 

Upgrade alert: the AquaMaxx Coral-Eye 5W CREE Blue LED Flashlight just came out with the perfect light for this thing. I believe you can get the hanging wire mount or gooseneck version as an option. :happydance:omgomgomg

AquaMaxx-Coral-Eye-5W-CREE-Blue-LED-Flashlight-99.jpg

• Haha 4