SaltCritters.com

Official Mini Complete Tank Club

smiz

2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Mine had a broken light rest and had to be replaced. Sucks it’s your display though 😕

Did they replace for you without much hassle?

I forcefully got the base and display together and going to let it sit to see if it stretches it out. No way to get the top to work as it is but maybe I can heat it up gently or something.

• Like 1
Just now, Tamberav said:

Did they replace for you without much hassle?

I forcefully got the base and display together and going to let it sit to see if it stretches it out. No way to get the top to work as it is but maybe I can heat it up gently or something.

I sent an email and DMd him on Instagram. Just had to wait for it from overseas. 

• Like 1

Was any of your guys tanks this warped? They are telling me this is normal and to squeeze it together. I did with a lot of force but the top will not squeeze together at all, I watched unboxing videos and the top fit fine for them. I guess I am going to have to try and heat it up. 

• Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Was any of your guys tanks this warped? They are telling me this is normal and to squeeze it together. I did with a lot of force but the top will not squeeze together at all, I watched unboxing videos and the top fit fine for them. I guess I am going to have to try and heat it up. 

I hope you aren't seriously considering "living with" that level of warp! I would certainly demand a replacement or return it.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, shaner014 said:

I hope you aren't seriously considering "living with" that level of warp! I would certainly demand a replacement or return it.

Ya, it is pretty bad. I wanted to ask if this is really 'normal' like they say before I respond. 

• Like 2

I showed them the pics and I guess they asked the factory which said it was normal to have warp. I am not sure they showed the factory how much warp though....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

Ya, it is pretty bad. I wanted to ask if this is really 'normal' like they say before I respond. 

I mean, I assume they intend their product fits together, and yours is not fitting. Do the instructions say "heat gun required for assembly"? :tongueout:

Surprised they didn't immediately offer an exchange with a return shipping label.

• Like 2

The biggest problem is the top because of the warping... the squeezing force just pops the top right back out after a lot of changing angles and force to get it in. It doesn't sound like they want to replace tbh. 😞

This was the response in email:

Hello we have double checked with the factory  

This is usually true as per design you can squeeze in to fit and it will recover over time  

Yes everyone is like this even fresh from the factory  
It leaves some buffer so u can squeeze it in.

It fits perfectly, don't worry.  

You just need to find the right angle and reasonable force to squeeze it in, maybe work better if you could use to warm it a bit with the hair dryer or hot air blower.

You just need to find the right angle and reasonable force to squeeze in

Rgds,
C.E.O
Mini Complete Tank - Mini Aquarium 

1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

The biggest problem is the top because of the warping... it just pops the top right back out. It doesn't sound like they want to replace tbh. 😞

This is usually true as per design you can squeeze in to fit and it will recover over time  

You just need to find the right angle and reasonable force to squeeze it in, maybe work better if you could use to warm it a bit with the hair dryer or hot air blower.

Rgds,
C.E.O

That pretty much scares me away from ever trying one of these.

• Like 3

Its not like you spent like $5 or $10 on this so yeah, I would go find out what they can do to make it right. Have them check the part before they send it to you and send a pic of the actual part.  🙂

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

The biggest problem is the top because of the warping... the squeezing force just pops the top right back out after a lot of changing angles and force to get it in. It doesn't sound like they want to replace tbh. 😞

Rgds,
C.E.O

I just sent a link to this thread to the Instagram account. Let’s see if they offer to help. 😊

• Like 3

Mine did not arrive like that, and I would be filing a charge back if it did.  Seeing how they have treated this so far makes me regret even posting about the tank here. 😡

• Like 2
Just now, jbb_00 said:

Mine did not arrive like that, and I would be filing a charge back if it did.  Seeing how they have treated this so far makes me regret even posting about the tank here. 😡

Yeah, not cool. Especially when the photo shows the obvious defect. 

NuisanceAlgaeCultivator

Mine had a teeny bit on the sump part but it definitely didn't pop anything out of place, it just took a little bit of force to mount the tank to the sump.  

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

@Tamberav I just received a DM from Minicompletetank that was very apologetic and said there was a misunderstanding and that they reached out in an email. 😊

That is great news if they follow through. 

• Like 2

Okay they emailed be back after WV Reefer made some noise. 🤩 😎 They going to send a DT and sump.

So another month to wait lol but guess I will use this time to start a scape using the warped one as a template. 

😁

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Okay they emailed be back after WV Reefer made some noise. 🤩 😎 They going to send a DT and sump.

So another month to wait lol but guess I will use this time to start a scape using the warped one as a template. 

😁

Yay!! 😊

so they're sending a whole new unit in essence.

let's hope they don't ask for the original back...perhaps with some mods or a simple custom sump, it can be used!!!